Congratulations

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Just wanted to post my congratulations to Team-X TKD's Deireanne Morales. At The World Championships Team Trials today Deireanne lost her first two fights and came back winning seven in a row to claim her spot on Team USA's 2011 World Championships team.

Deireanne is just 14 and went to Jr Worlds last year, made the Pan Am team and will go to Peru later this year for that and now will also be going to Korea for Worlds.

Congrats Deireanne and good luck to Team-X TKD's Cork King tomorrow as he takes his shot at making the team.

Special thanks also to Team-X TKD's coach, Joseph Salim for his hard work and dedication.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
What Deireanne has accomplished is one of the great stories in TKD. I hope the USAT is smart enough to tell it. I the last five months a 14 year old girl has beaten not only a world Champion but a former Olympian. This should make it easy to select the wild card division for the Olympics

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
This is good news. It was nice to see one of her fights last night on Dartfish after reading about her here. Hopefully they'll get more up than the 7 (total) I saw last night. Her ability is particularly amazing for her age.

Carl