colored belt forms

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You know, I've been so intrigued by these that, unfortunately I've let some of my other forms go to the back burner (so to speak). These forms have such great value, I'm very honored to be let in on the "secret":wink2:. Yet, another great tool to take the idea of just mere practicing a technique out of context but yet, put into everyday practice with a solid foundation. This is great stuff.
I've practiced the yellow & orange like a wild man. Each & ever time practicing them with different meaning & analizing the positions found within the positions.
When looking at the purple ideas, there's so many that came to mind. After doing twirling wings to 6, your center faces 7:30. It's quite conceivable a left push could come from 7:30. Or possibly even step to a square horse facing 9 to execute snapping twig. Also, when covering out away from 6, one could step to the front twist stance, do your first scan to find an attacker coming in from 12 with a left push, maybe right punch cocked combo. Unwinding into a square horse to 12 is quite viable. There are now 3 possibilities to think, practice, or to train with students on varied attacks from these different angles.
Thank you sir, for another lesson inside a lesson without saying much of a word on motion.
Deepest respect & full salutation to you.
jason

OP
jfarnsworth

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been playing around with the purple belt techniques quite heavily. Here is what I have thought about thusfar.
Twirling wings - 6
snapping twig - 9
leaping crane - 7:30
buckling branch - 4:30
crushing hammer - 3
captured leaves - 1:30
calming the storm - 12
crossing talon - 10:30
That's the first 8.
Am I close to what'cha got to?:mst:
lol

OP
jfarnsworth

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Reversing Mace - 12
Thursting Prongs - 9
Locked Wing - 12
Obscure Wing - 9
Raining Claw - 3
Spiraling Twig - 6
Twisted Twig - 6
Obscure Sword - 6

My next 8. Although this might be a little stretch with the last 3. It appears to work pretty well.

OP
jfarnsworth

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My finishing thoughts on the purple belt form. I kinda like it. It flows pretty well for me. Been practicing this for about 3 weeks now. The only thing I really wonder is the transition from 9 - 7:30 with leaping crane. There doesn't seem to be a lot of leap but for a quick angle change works good.

1. TWIRLING WINGS - 6:00
2. SNAPPING TWIG - 9:00
3. LEAPING CRANE - 7:30

4. BUCKLING BRANCH - 4:30
5. CRUSHING HAMMER - 3:00
6. CAPTURED LEAVES - 1:30
7. CALMING THE STORM - 9:00
8. CROSSING TALON - 10:30
9. REVERSING MACE - 12:00
10. THRUSTING PRONGS - 9:00

11. LOCKED WING - 12:00
12. OBSCURE WING - 9:00