Cleaning

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cleansing of the mind seems to be hard for me I'am sorry to say I just cannot leave some negatieve thing in my life out of my everyday training it is alway there. How do you set them aside and forget about them while cleansing the mind.

By God, do you know what this means?!?

It means that you're a human being.

Terry, it happens to everyone, no matter how well-disciplined a practitioner may be. We always tell people to try to leave their personal baggage at the door, and that if they can't, then at least, they can "lose" themselves of that baggage during the training, once they start building up momentum.

There are always going to be bad things happening from time to time. For me, maybe it's one of our grant proposals getting shot down. Maybe it's a collaborator who doesn't cooperate too well, or perhaps it's someone complaining (and not too pleasantly either) about how I accidentally left their names off our dojo's website.

Heck, it even happens inside the dojo as well, where maybe a kid gorged on too much food before training, and left a mess in the dojo, whether it's in the bathroom or on the floor (parents, please do not feed your children all of the bean burritos they can eat. A couple are more than plenty.).

I can't stop all of the negativity that comes my way. I can, however, simply deal with the problem at hand, and then get back to the teaching and training, and once I get things going, those factors don't get in the way. After all, tomorrow's always a new day, there are always new grant proposals to be written, website updates can be done relatively efficiently, and, of course, messes do clean up... (ugh)