Christmas Present

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I gots me one of them there Balisongs for Christmas. It's not the best quality; but, it oiled nicely and moves smooth and quick.

Besides balisong.com, are there any other recommended sites for opening/closing/aerial, etc techniques?

Thanks, all

Attachments

• $balisong.jpg
    $balisong.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 157
Yeah...I bought it for me :) With some Christmas cash, I bought a nice, hefty 6 ft bo and had enough left over for the balisong :)

OnlyAnEgg said:
Yeah...I bought it for me :) With some Christmas cash, I bought a nice, hefty 6 ft bo and had enough left over for the balisong :)

Now that's cool x 2. :ultracool

If it's your first bali, or if you're practicing some of the openings where you hold the "live handle," I would recommend using a stone to dull the edge, and then put a strip of duct-tape or electric-tape over the edge to help reduce the number of times you get cut...because you WILL get cut. :D
I have a cheapie, set up like I just described, for practice so I can keep my nice ones sharp.

Very nice gift to yourself, Egg! I hope you enjoy it.

... If you don't reply I'll know you've accidentally amputated yourself.

I don't know about technique, but a good friend of mine is a knife dealer, and he usually has a selection of high quality balisong and other knives. His website is EDCKNIVES.COM. His stuff isn't cheap (by my standards) but the quality is very high.

There are also a number of good books on the market on opening the balisong

Nice looking for a pratice knife

Jeff Imada has two good instructional books out on the Balisong. I believe there is a video/DVD by him also. Good luck, and that was great advice offered regarding the duct tape. That's how I learned with a minimum of self induced lacerations, long ago. Happy New Year!

-Garry

I picked myself up a karambit to play with while in Phoenix this past weekend. A belated Xmas present to myself!

Back