Chris Dorner No Excuses

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
http://lawenforcementtoday.com/2013/02/14/chris-dorner-no-excuses/

Since Chris Dorner posted his manifesto of grievances and murdered four people in his quest to “clear his name”, some in the public, including the media have given him an undeserved folk hero status. The thought process seems to be that since the LAPD has a history of racism, the actions he took to make the department “pay” are justified, including the murders of people with no ability to influence or control anything that happened to Dorner. It is a very disturbing look into the mindset and lack of moral cohesion among this group of people.

Chris Dorner had a long list of people he wanted to wreak vengeance upon, did any of those people end up on the list of those he murdered? The question that needs to be asked of those who consider Dorner a “folk hero” is what did Monica Quan, a young, up and coming basketball coach and Keith Lawrence, an African American, Quan’s fiancé, another basketball aficionado and law enforcement hopeful have to do with how Chris Dorner was treated. They both had bright, hopeful futures ahead that Dorner unjustly stole from them. The quote from Dorner’s manifesto stating that because he “never had an opportunity to have a family of my own, I’m terminating yours,” speaks volumes about him displaying the same sort of barbaric mentality he’s supposedly fighting against.

Let’s look at Dorner’s third victim, Michael Crain. He was a Riverside police officer with a trainee in the squad car with him when Dorner pulled up alongside their vehicle in Riverside, shooting into their vehicle. Neither Officer Crain nor his trainee who was seriously wounded had any control over what happened to Dorner, nor had they had any previous contact with him. Officer Crain was a Marine who’d served two tours in Kuwait, had a family he loved, including a daughter he attended dance recitals with and a son, whose baseball team he coached. To those who think Dorner’s actions were justified, where is the outrage over the injustice for these people who did nothing wrong and had never harmed Dorner?

Amen...

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://lawenforcementtoday.com/2013/02/14/chris-dorner-no-excuses/

Since Chris Dorner posted his manifesto of grievances and murdered four people in his quest to “clear his name”, some in the public, including the media have given him an undeserved folk hero status. The thought process seems to be that since the LAPD has a history of racism, the actions he took to make the department “pay” are justified, including the murders of people with no ability to influence or control anything that happened to Dorner. It is a very disturbing look into the mindset and lack of moral cohesion among this group of people.

This guy is a disgrace, dirt bag is more to the point.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Dorner went out like a gangster rap song. I wonder if that explains why some people have elevated him to folk hero status? He's certainly no hero in my book...

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't know what's going on in LA but the San Francisco Bay Area media did not elevate him to folk hero status.

To us here he was just another gun-nut.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't know what's going on in LA but the San Francisco Bay Area media did not elevate him to folk hero status.

To us here he was just another gun-nut.

This is what's going on in the LA area...

Of course the reality of this song is completely insane, but LA is a city of fantasy. The major industry there peddles it like crack.

Last edited by a moderator:

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is what's going on in the LA area...

Of course the reality of this song is completely insane, but LA is a city of fantasy. The major industry there peddles it like crack.

I know down there, the people on the street say the LA cops are the worlds biggest gang. Jumping on this would be natural for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just when I think there's absolutely nothing anyone could do stupid enough to shock me any more... somebody makes a folk hero out of this guy.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here is a look at how the democrat media and academics put this guy as a tarished angel...instead of mass murdering monster...

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/02/christopher-dorner-lapds-ghosts-and-left-wing-populism/

Beck insisted that the new inquiry wasn’t intended to appease the man being sought for multiple murders, but was instead initiated to address what he called “the ghosts of the LAPD’s past.”

It was a foolish thing to do. Out came the crazies who’d just been granted legitimacy by Beck’s so-called reinvestigation. Their outpouring of sympathy was accurately described by Ta-Nehisi Coates, in The Atlantic, as:

an attempt to redeem Christopher Dorner’s murderous rampage. These redemption narratives, from what I can tell, are a mish-mash of cynicism, anger and left-wing populism.

To bolster his point, Coates links to a Mediaite story about a panel discussion on CNN:

Two of CNN’s panel guests said that Dorner’s murder spree exposed the issue of “police brutality.” One contributor said that Dorner’s escapades reminded him of watching “Django Unchained in real life.” …

“There’s no waste here, though,” Marc Lamont Hill, host of HuffPost Live and associate professor with Columbia University, interjected. “This has been an important conversation that we’ve had about police brutality, about police corruption, about state violence.” …

Hill later said that the Dorner exposed the corruption within the Los Angeles Police Department.

You see, when the guy is a murdering lefty...they get more leeway in their killing of innocent people...for those who scoff at this...imagine if the guy had put Rush, Hannity or Fox news in his "manifesto," in a flattering light and spoke about the 2nd amendment in a flattering way...and if you don't think the coverage of this killer would be different...you need to reevaluate how you look at things...

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hero Status? More like COWARD. Let's see, he killed unsuspecting people that had no way to defend themselves. Then when the **** hits the fan, he kills himself. Hero, yeah right...

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here is a look at how the democrat media and academics put this guy as a tarished angel...instead of mass murdering monster...

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/02/christopher-dorner-lapds-ghosts-and-left-wing-populism/

You see, when the guy is a murdering lefty...they get more leeway in their killing of innocent people...for those who scoff at this...imagine if the guy had put Rush, Hannity or Fox news in his "manifesto," in a flattering light and spoke about the 2nd amendment in a flattering way...and if you don't think the coverage of this killer would be different...you need to reevaluate how you look at things...

They may be Democrats but they do not speak for the Democratic party. If I wanted to slam the Republicans I wouldn't be quoting that a$$bite Rush Limbaugh because he isn't a politician. He's a media voice.

Besides he does your party more harm than good! ;)

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
LA police Dept may very well be the most corrupt police force in the nation, even exceeding New York. With that said, the peoples grievances against LAPD have "some" merit. I say some because "some" people go overboard and try to make everything an issue.

Kinda like the way BillC relates everything he see's as bad as the Democrats fault. :D

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I only blame the democrats for the things they actually do...

besides...when you look at all the people either openly supporting this guy or saying he went about it the wrong way...but, he's still a hero...they aren't Romney supporters or republicans...are they...which political party do you think they vote for?

Last edited:
OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
One contributor said that Dorner’s escapades reminded him of watching “Django Unchained in real life.” …

My Lord.....

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-pane...ng-django-exact-revenge-for-police-brutality/

“There’s no waste here, though,” Marc Lamont Hill, host of HuffPost Live and associate professor with Columbia University, interjected. “This has been an important conversation that we’ve had about police brutality, about police corruption, about state violence.”
“As far as Dorner himself goes, he’s been like a real life superhero to many people,” Hill added. “What he did was awful, killing innocent people was bad, but when you read his manifesto, when you read the message that he left, he wasn’t entirely crazy.”
Hill said that the people who were rooting for Dorner were rooting for him to extract vengeance against a system that wronged him. “It’s almost like watching Django Unchained in real life,” Hill said. “It’s kind of exciting.”

Marc Lamont Hill (born December 17, 1978) is an American academic, commentator, journalist, author, activist, and television personality. He currently serves as an Associate Professor at Teachers College, Columbia University. Hill is also an affiliated faculty member in African American Studies at the Institute for Research in African American Studies at Columbia University. He is currently the host of the nationally syndicated television show Our World with Black Enterprise.

Do you think this guy voted for Romney?

This kind of stupidity from a Professor at Columbia University...

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
I only blame the democrats for the things they actually do...

besides...when you look at all the people either openly supporting this guy or saying he went about it the wrong way...but, he's still a hero...they aren't Romney supporters or republicans...are they...which political party do you think they vote for?

This sounds like your saying that if they are not voting Republican then they are voting Democratic. That is flawed.

Some people vote 3rd party and some eligible voters just don't vote. Besides the fact, in your post your guessing which way they vote which you have no way of proving. Totally flawed logic based on your Republican vs Democrat state of mind.

This is what I was leading to about their voting status. The number of people who are eligible but don't vote is higher than people realize.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_percentage_of_eligible_Americans_vote#page2

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dorner went out like a gangster rap song. I wonder if that explains why some people have elevated him to folk hero status? He's certainly no hero in my book...

Are the vigilantes that took Dorner out heroes?

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Are the vigilantes that took Dorner out heroes?

Id like to know how LE supposedly set fire to that cabin other than by gas rounds possibly starting it. Its not like they ran up with Molotov cocktails and threw them in....or walked up with Zippos.

I think that most likely a cop or two said "let it burn" aloud after the gas rounds started a fire (a risk that goes with the tool). But after killing one officer moments before, wounding another and them getting shot at I don't know if I'm ready to damn them based on saying that.

If evidence comes up showing that the cabin was intentionally set on fire with the express intent to kill Dorner I may change my mind. All I see now is some people making the same wild *** accusations against LE that Dorner made.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Latest Discussions