Choosing a school

gringo

White Belt
Reaction score
Ok everyone I got a question that I need some help with. I'm really interested in krav maga but am having a hard time deciding on a school to join. I don;t have any in my home town, mainly full of want to be mma places that will never make it, so I have to drive about 30-45 min to get to any. Now there are two that are close that are certified by Krav Maga Worldwide. The one schools instructor is also a 4th degree black belt in karate, while one that is closer is not certified in anyway but has a 6th degree black belt instructor also in karate. There is a school north of me that is certified by kmww but I can;t remember the details of it right now. So I guess my question is how do I make the right decision? What makes one better then the other? I would really like to start taking this but want to make the right choice due to the fact I would have to drive a ways to get to it and don't want to waste my time. Any input would be appreciated!

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would say the normal,

Check them all out even though it may be the same system your after.

You really need to check the teaching methods of the Instructor, to do so you have to go take a class ask as many questions as possible and see which training philosophy you can best relate to.

Or watch a few classes and see the progressions from new students to advance students to gauge the progression format.

And of course take into consideration all the variables such as commute time, class time, how many days per week of training time, tuition, etc... judge for yourself based on your itinerary needs and fill out your schedule from there.

Best of luck!

OP
G

gringo

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'll go see about taking a class at two of them since their closer and see if I feel comfortable at one and if not I'll try the further one and see how that goes. I'm pretty sure the two have a free class or two that they offer so that will workout good on that part. I checked on the prices of the two and one is 100 per month and the other is 130. I can see why the one is 30 higher because it's in a nice building and a nicer town so I'm sure rent is higher. Do those prices seem to high or is that a normal price to expect for classes? You can attend a few classes a week, I think 3 but I wouldn't be able to do three but two I could make it to.

Khmo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

(sorry for me bad english...;)
Krav maga is a good defense system, pragmatic. Easy has to learn !
Good choice ;)
In France there exist 3 or 4 systems and the bond that I give you has best teaching (in FRANCE!) That is 1 very good Kravmaga…
1 little + hard that others but to teach well and quite effective !
If that can help you ???
:)
http://kravmagaisraeli1.ybay.co.il/

a friend went 2 times to Israel on their premises = his level is very good !
+ that if had remained to him in France… 2 X 1 month in Israel =
good technique, good mental !
He is not a Master of Krav (logical) but in 1 year he has the level which wished him !

peace & respect !