Quality Krav Schools in the Houston area?

Drasken

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I Haven't looked too much into the schools here yet, but I'm planning on taking classes once again and hopefully one day being certified to teach Krav Maga. Does anyone know anything about the schools in the Houston Tx area? I have had the unfortunate experience of finding schools that claim to teach Krav Maga but really just use the name to pull in students.

If anyone knows a good school, I'll start my search there. If not, then it's time to go see about a free introductory class and see what comes of if. I Haven't had a training partner in years and honestly, with my level of fitness I'm going to go back to basics.

Any advice?

OP
D

Drasken

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'm actually in the Kingwood area, so no matter which school I choose it's going to be a bit of a drive. Hahaha which is why I was hoping to find people with advice from this area. It would be even more disappointing to Drive all that way to discover a Mcdojo. :p

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I Haven't looked too much into the schools here yet, but I'm planning on taking classes once again and hopefully one day being certified to teach Krav Maga. Does anyone know anything about the schools in the Houston Tx area? I have had the unfortunate experience of finding schools that claim to teach Krav Maga but really just use the name to pull in students.

If anyone knows a good school, I'll start my search there. If not, then it's time to go see about a free introductory class and see what comes of if. I Haven't had a training partner in years and honestly, with my level of fitness I'm going to go back to basics.

Any advice?

Hey Drasken,

Yes, I am off of BW8 and Bellaire Blvd. Hope you come by and check us out.

rlobrecht

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'm actually in the Kingwood area

Small world. I grew up in Kingwood, and my parents still live there. As a kid I took Kim Soo Karate, which appears to still have a Kingwood branch. My pre-teen self thought our instructor was a real bada*. I seem to recall that he had been a Marine, or something like that.

Latest Discussions