Chinese "stick fighting"?

OP
MaartenSFS

MaartenSFS

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My wife and I did an exhaustive search (spanning several hours) on Chinese search engines for anything relating to stick combat and came up empty handed. We looked into Xi Gun (The best bet), but it looks like all that is left is the bloody Taolu (forms). I have already asked people on most forums as well, so I can only assume that it is dead. I'm looking at Filipino Martial Arts to fill the gap, but who knows...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My wife and I did an exhaustive search (spanning several hours) on Chinese search engines for anything relating to stick combat and came up empty handed. We looked into Xi Gun (The best bet), but it looks like all that is left is the bloody Taolu (forms). I have already asked people on most forums as well, so I can only assume that it is dead. I'm looking at Filipino Martial Arts to fill the gap, but who knows...

Well if you have been to the Chinese sights it is likely I will find nothing either. However the next time I am in Beijing I can check around of you like and PM you through MT if I find anything.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
tshadowchaser: Is that the one in Hangzhou that I saw on Youtube where they were teaching taxi drivers and running about like madmen and hitting things while screaming like monkeys?

no it is not

this was a very dirty style of fighting the only goal seemed to be putting your opponent out of commission as fast as possible and doing the most damage you could to him

Latest Discussions