chinese spies and assassins

jaikali

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
A bit wierd question but still ....What were the difference between an chi (lin kuei art) , yin sen shu (beggar art), and yang qin quan?? What art did the royal assassins use??

OP
jaikali

jaikali

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sorry .....but i saw the article on international ninjutsusociety.com....i have no prior knowledge on this...but curious to know...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Which wuxia they came out of?

That
Sorry .....but i saw the article on international ninjutsusociety.com....i have no prior knowledge on this...but curious to know...

First, it is .net not .com

The Ren Shu, also known as Foshin Lin Qui, Lin Qui, were an ancient clan that operated in Southern china many hundred of years ago. This individual clan's past and history was shrouded in mystery until now. The true Ren Shu were farmers that resided in the deep parts of the forests around 587. Some of the farmers were masters in different self defense systems. The villages were attacked by solders, thugs and bandits etc. the farmers came together and designed a self defense system like no other. The art never got a name from its founders. The name Lin Qui (Kuei) came from the bandits and solders of Emperor Wen of Sui (541-604), personal name Yang Jian, was the founder and first emperor of China's Sui Dynasty. during China's Sui Dynasty (Hanyu Pinyin: suí cháo, 581-618) followed the Southern and Northern Dynasties and preceded the Tang Dynasty in China. The Tang Dynasty (pinyin: tángcháo) (June 18, 618 – June 4, 907) followed the Sui Dynasty and preceded the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms Period in China. The dynasty was interrupted by the Second Zhou Dynasty (October 16, 690 – March 3, 705) when Empress Wu Zetian seized the throne. The dynasty was founded by the Li family.. It ended nearly four centuries of division between rival regimes some of the Lin Qui traveled to other parts of Asia, Japan and Korea to teach their secret arts and ways to the local villagers. The Lin Qui broke up in to two main groups. Over the years, many of these methods were used and were incorporated into the art of Ninjutsu, also called shinobi no jutsu, is a collection of techniques originally practiced for espionage purposes. It includes methods of gathering information, non-detection, avoidance, and misdirection techniques. Ninjutsu can also involve training in disguise, escape, concealment, archery, medicine, and explosives.

Since they have the dynastic history wrong, the first emperor, and founder of Sui was Emperor Wen of Sui, not his son Yang Jian, I have my doubt about the validity of the claim.

Also where is the research to back up their claim of
This individual clan's past and history was shrouded in mystery until now.

As for Mizongyi

Lost Track (MiZong), Yan Qing

Beggar’s style

Sorry, I don’t have a lot of faith in the claims of the International Ninjutsu Society as far as their attempts go to link ninjutsu to specific CMA styles

OP
jaikali

jaikali

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for correction ....I had a chinese friend of mine who told me that they were called as "ci ke" in china meaning a sneaker or a thief in dark clothes...is it so??

OP
jaikali

jaikali

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Also i saw many movies in which they have shown assassins working for the king...what art did they learn?? Or were they normal soldiers or kungfu guys with concealed identity???

Sorry but correct me........ if i could group them it would be around five groups of secret fighters..

Lin kuei or ren shu.
Vagabonds or beggars.
Yan qin quan fighters.
Kungfu secret fighter or king's assassin.
Masked Rebels and bandits .

Perhaps none could be real as not much evidence is present to support the fact...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Also i saw many movies in which they have shown assassins working for the king...what art did they learn?? Or were they normal soldiers or kungfu guys with concealed identity???

Sorry but correct me........ if i could group them it would be around five groups of secret fighters..

Lin kuei or ren shu.
Vagabonds or beggars.
Yan qin quan fighters.
Kungfu secret fighter or king's assassin.
Masked Rebels and bandits .

Perhaps none could be real as not much evidence is present to support the fact...

Movies are movies and mostly not historically accurate...don't base any understanding of Chinese martial arts history by what you see in movies

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Movies are movies and mostly not historically accurate...don't base any understanding of Chinese martial arts history by what you see in movies

I wouldn't base any understanding of any historical event, person or action from any culture or country on anything you see in films.

zzj

Blue Belt
Reaction score
A bit wierd question but still ....What were the difference between an chi (lin kuei art) , yin sen shu (beggar art), and yang qin quan?? What art did the royal assassins use??

Based purely from phonetics, an chi (an4 qi4) just means concealed weapon/ device. Normally this refers to small projectiles that are hidden from view and used for surprise attacks.

Yin sen shu (yin3 shen1 shu4) refers to methods/skill of self concealment/camouflage.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Did assassins and spies do their work in different cultures throughout history? Did at least some of them conceal their identity with a mask and wear dark clothes at night?

I'm sure the answer to these questions is yes.

But it's not significant. Don't get hung up on it.

OP
jaikali

jaikali

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
on Google books there were several books (author haha lung ) stating the existence of legendary "Moshuh Nanren or T-ZI-BU" and the " White Lotus Society "in china .
they also mention a secret tiger martial art used by them .

but who knows they are just imaginative or real ?.

when ninja boom began in America in 80's then there was no mention of these legendary warriors....or even Korean sul sa...they emerged 15-20 years after that specially due to PC game called mortal kombat .

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Haha Lung a/k/a Ashida Kim a/k/a Chris somethingoranother inTrailer Park City, Florida ...

OP
jaikali

jaikali

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Children nowadays are forefathers of everyone interms of mental level ..so no issue if you want ..then you can discuss..;)

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Er… whatever made up fantasy "art" the authors of these completely fictional groups/systems etc decided the differences were…

OP
jaikali

jaikali

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I think beggar art was not fantasy ..because still they are teaching yin sen shu in some parts of the world....also lin kuei were not pure imagination ..some chinese say that when they were young their patents used to scare them by saying that "there were demons in the forest wearing black clothes so dont go alone at night ". The only problem is that there is no enough evidence to prove it.

Latest Discussions