Chinese Longsword Ancient Manual

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk. Maybe you'll take a moment over in the Meet & Greet and tell us a little about yourself?

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Interesting. I see some similarities to some of the Jo work I've done in the past as well as some conceptual similarities to Fiore's spear and some of the western Longsword material.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I can see the Japanese influence with the way the foot work is and I can see the additional
Chinese flavor in it to such as the leg lifting what is interesting is the use of it with one hand rather than using it with 2 hands. Most of the Japanese sword work I have seen is used with two hands as I was taught the top hand pushes down while the other hand is pulling up.
I would be interested in hearing how widely one hand was used(besides in typical Iaido type quickdraws)
Having been a butcher the knife makes a similar push and pull to allow easier gliding thru flesh.

I welcome corrections on this and admit openly Japanese sword work is not focus.

It was very nice to see the form and hard work involved.

OP
J

jackchen

White Belt
Reaction score
I discovered a documentary by CCTV on Master Cheng and his ancient manuals!!!!!!!

Please watch the documentary at:

Jack Chen
www.chineselongsword.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions