Chinese arts

MTWS

White Belt
Reaction score
I live in San Francisco and am looking to continue my hung gar training, but would like to add chin na, and perhaps some grappling/ground work.
Any suggestions?

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't know the area but wanted to say welcome to Martial Talk and good luck with your search. :)

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I live in San Francisco and am looking to continue my hung gar training, but would like to add chin na, and perhaps some grappling/ground work.
Any suggestions?

YC Wong on Sacramento St across from Waverly in Chinatown for Hung Ga.

Grappling/ground work... find a good judo club.

Black Tiger Fist

Green Belt
Reaction score
YC Wong on Sacramento St across from Waverly in Chinatown for Hung Ga.

Grappling/ground work... find a good judo club.

Hmmm Sean, what have you heard about Y.C. Wong? I'm not trying to start anything, but i've heard he's not very forthcoming with his non-chinese students. Have you heard anything like that?

jeff:)

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Yes, I recently notices Frank Yee from New York now has a student teaching here in San Francisco. I don't know anything about him, however, but I think Frank has a pretty good reputation in NY, so if he endorses this guy to teach for him in SF, he should be pretty good.

If you are willing to go down the peninsula to Sunnyvale, probably 45 minutes or so, Wing Lam has his school and teaches Hung Gar in addition to Wing Chun, Northern Shaolin, Tai Chi, and perhaps others. I am sure you can get some chin-na within those contexts from him.

In Alameda, across the bay, Chiu Chi Ling has his headquarters. I have never visited and don't know much about how he operates, but you can check him out.

By the way, where are you training Hung Gar now?

Latest Discussions