Child Rapist Gets One Year in Prison

Reaction score
The system fails children yet again? That's pretty common. Well here's a few from Australia that I ran into this week.

1. Man caught attempting to rape five year old gets nine months jail.Story here

2. Man given five years for raping three children. Then released without proper monitoring. Caught soon after taking photos of naked child. Story here

3. Child Welfare agency places boy into care of sex predator despite father's pleas against it. Story here

Uchinanchu

Green Belt
Reaction score
Question #1: If the "evidence" was so weak (no dna, no eye witnesses, etc...) then how was this bastard caught in the first place?! What about the victim's brother who was forced to watch?! This case is just one more major travesty of justice to add to the pile! The sicko is obviously guilty (to me) after hearing about how that poor girl reacted to just being in the same room with that monster!

Question #2: If that so-called judge was so heartless as to not only give that monster a 'slap on the wrist' but also at the same time put such an innocent child thru the torment of facing said monster- why/how on earth does such a man hold onto such a prestigious and important job? I personnally believe that when cases like this one come up and there is such major backlash on the outcome/judgement of the case, then maybe the judges own background should go under the microscope to see if there is a pattern to similar such cases. Just my own personal feelings on the matter.
On an even more personal note, I think that rapists, murderers, and especially child molesters should NOT spend even one day in jail. They should be dealt with like any other rabid dog...

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
Having read the articles, I think it's not the judge who is to blame. Before the plea bargain they didn't really have a solid case. And from what I read, child services agreed with the deal. Let's be realistic: it's not likely that the DA and the judge said 'you know what, let's get a predator out on the street again'

That doesn't make it any less of a tragedy of course. That man should have been in jail for the rest of his life.

He IS in jail for the rest of his life.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
he was supposed to have already died. They released him for "compassionate" reasons when they thought he would die, he lived and raped again.

why take another chance.

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Definitely a terrible thing to do to a child, however when I was referring to evidence, I wasn't just talking about the testimony of the child. For a plea bargain like they they must not have been able to collect any physical evidence, either (i.e. DNA from semen/hair/skin, stains on materials in the area, etc..). Also, what about the testimony from the other child that was present?
The guy pled no contest from the get go. This should have been a slam dunk for the prosecution. This particular judge placed an abused, mentally impaired child with his maternal grandmother after being savagely abused by his mother, against the recommendations of CPS some years ago. The mother killed the child after this decision. Judge Bartheloow's career went from strength to strength however. Being BFF with the governor really does have it's perks.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Rape in and of itself should be a captial offense punishable by the death penalty.
Rape of a child should be punishable by a long prolonged painful death.
I despise the disgusting nature of those that commit this crime...
Why we as a society do not change our punishments is beyond me.
pot dealer does life in prison, child rapist does a year.
I am anti drug, never done drugs, but even I think locking up non violent drug offenders is a waste of our resources.

Latest Discussions