Chick-fil-A flap reveals hypocrisy

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
[h=1]Chick-fil-A flap reveals hypocrisy[/h]
August 04, 2012 12:00 am • Deroy Murdock Santa Maria Times EXCERPT:

“I have been to this point unwilling to sign on to same-sex marriage primarily because of my understandings of the traditional definitions of marriage.”
If you dislike that comment, you will hate this one:
“I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian ... it is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix.”
Such divisive, bigoted words surely were spat like venom by Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy, right?
Wrong.
President Barack Obama uttered the first statement on Oct. 27, 2010. Candidate Obama made the second remark to Pastor Rick Warren on Aug. 17, 2008.
The Chick-fil-A flap illustrates how thoroughly unhinged the American left has become and exposes the totalitarian temptation that stirs just beneath the thin skins of too many Democrats.
Cathy’s interview in the July 16 Baptist Press triggered this brouhaha.
“We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit,” Cathy said. “We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.” He also told radio host Ken Coleman: “I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage.’”
Cathy’s words exploded as if he had told gays to stay the hell out of his restaurants. Cathy said no such thing.
As a gay-marriage supporter, I differ with Cathy. However, his views are neither extreme nor medieval. Indeed, on May 8, they mirrored Obama’s definition of marriage.

<<SNIP>>“Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values,” Emanuel declared. If true, Obama similarly lacked Chicago values while Emanuel was his chief of staff. Evidently, that didn’t bother Emanuel back then.
Other Democrats have abused their power by threatening or applying government force to sandbag Chick-fil-A, the First Amendment be damned.
“If they need licenses in the city, it will be very difficult,” Democratic Mayor Thomas Menino of Boston roared last month
END EXCERPT
Tolerance for everything, except a different opinion. Silence about the actual abuses gays are forced to endure in Muslim nations.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
People concerned for the plight of Black South Africans during their policy of Apartheid, protested outside their consulates and embassies, threatened to boycott products of firms doing business with the South African government.
I guess the plight of gays in Muslim countries doesn't rate...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
neither does the blight of women in many of those countries.

next...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score