chi flow

ben

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Chi (energy) is a very broad topic that includes many very different kinds of things so I would take anything that you hear or read (including this post) as an opinion or an interpretation.

hey does anyone know how to flow chi through your body.
I get that its a type of energy that flows through your body. But how do you control it?

Energy is flowing through your body. There are many many different postures and exercises that will enhance that flow or direct that flow for specific purposes.

how do i use chi to my advantage. Like making body parts endure a blow. or using chi to strike harder.

There are many different ways some are hard, some are easy, some are fast, some are slow, some are dangerous, some are safer, some are healthy, some are unhealthy ect...

So, I would recommend this book: The Root of Chinese Qi-Gong, by Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming.
This is a very good book.

I would also recommend this one:
Chi Energy Activation, Cultivation and Flow, by Richard E. Clear Jr.
link: http://www.amazon.com/Chi-Energy-Activation-Cultivation-Flow/dp/0981616704/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213867139&sr=8-1
It's a good introduction to chi kung with a lot of in depth instruction. Every thing is broken down and explained step by step without the mysticism that is commonly associated with chi and chi kung.
(This book is by my instructor though so I'm somewhat biased)

Be careful
with anything that you learn from a book or DVD especially if you do not have an instructor. Pay close attention to whats going on inside your body and how you feel physically, emotionally and mentally if you notice anything unpleasant or unusual stop immediately and consult someone (your teacher, a physician, the author of the book or DVD) before you continue.

Chi Kung and internal martial arts can be very rewarding and there are many simple exercises you can learn that are very benificial, however if you want to reach an advanced or even an intermidiate level of skill be prepared to put in a lot of hard work and practice both in finding a good instructor and in learning the material.

Good Luck!

DaPoets

Green Belt
Reaction score
It is in your best interest to find a qualified teacher. Playing with chi is very dangerous if you don't know what you are doing and even more dangerous if you don't have a guide that is skilled in the art. You speak of using chi in combat but the 1st step is to open up your blockages and learn to use it for healing. Opening up your blockages so that your chi can flow w/ out thought takes years of work. On occasion I see my teacher help open up the blockages on others and their experience is very interesting. Chi is transfered from the bones to others but to get to that point it has to go through it's natural circulation, joined w/ mind and the spirit, unblocked, and stored in it's different forms in the appropriate areas.

If you interested in taking this path, you need to find a teacher as there are countless books and articles out there on this but to become part of the book, to understand what is said, you have to experience it and then the words have meaning, and your teacher can guide you through this.

Perhaps the best example is Ralph Machio in the Karate Kid where Mr Miagi 1st met him when he was practicing moves from a book... he looked silly and as if he would hurt himself, and it wasn't until Ralph became a student under Mr Miagi's did things start to become clear to him. How can you study on your own if you have no experience teacher to show you where you are going wrong and need correction.

I have learned a great deal about the flow of chi from my teacher, seen it's healing power, and I know that even though my body is fit and my own chi is just begining to flow naturally, I have many many years of work ahead of me before I can even hope to be able to control it in ways that you speak of. And that's only if I have the luck of continuing to be a student of my teacher for years to come.

I would recomend that you read this book.
http://www.amazon.com/Cultivating-S...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213887723&sr=1-1

kwaichang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
With all the heavy advice you might take a moment and get one of these. :drinky:
300.jpg

Latest Discussions