Cheney's Attire at Auschwitz

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dunno. I'm not Mr. Cheney's psychiatrist. You'd have to ask him (or her).

Then again, considering Cheney's general attitude toward those that disagree with him, I sincerely doubt he's had the good sense to seek therapy of any sort.

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
rmcrobertson said:
So--vote now.

Is Dick Cheney, our VEEP,: a) an ignorant dumbass, or b) a beautiful example of recent American arrogance and belligerence abroad?
Gosh, the whole freaking idea of cultural diversity and accepting people kind of goes out the window if we don't like that person.

I'm an old man, trying to finish a college degree and in almost every class we have a section on political correctness. We are taught to use gender neutral language, be respectful of homosexuals and so on.

One Republican from Wyoming who dresses like he comes from Wyoming (I used to live in Wyoming) instead of how everyone else thinks he should dress and he gets nothing but crap about it.

We, as Americans, are "supposed to" be tolerant of people of other cultures (like those who would just as soon kill us because we are "infidels") and no one can tolerate a man who dresses like Cheney. Wait, it even gets better, some people would argue that Americans caused others to hate us because some Americans sprang forth from the loins of Europeans who conducted the crusades.

Sounds like a double standard to me.

Note: I'm not saying that rmcrobertson, necessarily, practices any type of political correctness or incorrectness. I just used that quote as an example.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ray said:
Gosh, the whole freaking idea of cultural diversity and accepting people kind of goes out the window if we don't like that person.

I'm an old man, trying to finish a college degree and in almost every class we have a section on political correctness. We are taught to use gender neutral language, be respectful of homosexuals and so on.

One Republican from Wyoming who dresses like he comes from Wyoming (I used to live in Wyoming) instead of how everyone else thinks he should dress and he gets nothing but crap about it.

We, as Americans, are "supposed to" be tolerant of people of other cultures (like those who would just as soon kill us because we are "infidels") and no one can tolerate a man who dresses like Cheney. Wait, it even gets better, some people would argue that Americans caused others to hate us because some Americans sprang forth from the loins of Europeans who conducted the crusades.

Sounds like a double standard to me.

Note: I'm not saying that rmcrobertson, necessarily, practices any type of political correctness or incorrectness. I just used that quote as an example.
It it was one Wyomingian, who was dressing like a Wyomingian, why are the photos of from the following day showing this Wyomingian dress so much more appropriately?

Look for the photo of the Vice President with his Daughter at the camp from Friday.

Mike

R

rmcrobertson

Actually, the idea you're attacking is the idea of not simple-mindledly judging other, different people merely because their culture is other and different than ours. It's pretty straightforward--don't be Homer Simpson, lauging at the foreginers on TV because, "Hey! He dresses funny!" Maybe try to understand before you judge...what's the big problem with that?

Cheney and I pretty much share the same culture. The way he showed up at Auschwitz showed pretty crappy manners, as far as I'm concerned--hell, all it is, is what my Grandma taught me back in the 1950s.

It's funny. Nobody ever seems to notice the extraordinary political correctness that Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage et al exhibit--how rigid-minded they are in what politics, what behavior, what thought, is acceptable.

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
rmcrobertson said:
Actually, the idea you're attacking is the idea of not simple-mindledly judging other, different people merely because their culture is other and different than ours....
I'm not attacking anything. You are. I think it was thoughtful of Cheney to be there, paying his respects and plugging "out-doorsy" clothing all at the same time. Heck, I wasn't even thoughtful enough to show up.

rmcrobertson said:
Cheney and I pretty much share the same culture.
Ah, good, another Republican. I am too.

rmcrobertson said:
It's funny. Nobody ever seems to notice the extraordinary political correctness that Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage et al exhibit--how rigid-minded they are in what politics, what behavior, what thought, is acceptable.
I don't care how rigid-minded those talk show people are. And I couldn't less what the other end of the political spectrum says.

And i thought my original resonse was pretty humorus; but the timing and tone might have come off better if it was spoken instead of written.

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
It it was one Wyomingian, who was dressing like a Wyomingian, why are the photos of from the following day showing this Wyomingian dress so much more appropriately?

Look for the photo of the Vice President with his Daughter at the camp from Friday.

Mike
Mr. Blackwell? Is that you?

Latest Discussions