Cheney's Attire at Auschwitz

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I laughed so hard when I saw some of those photos.

There was a photo with Mr. Cheney and one of his daughters from the following day where he was dressed appropriately.

It makes you wonder who he was trying to offend.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well it might be considered poor taste.

Yet, I saw some pictures of others who were wearing Tan and Not Black. Hmmm? No articles on them.

So, if The VP did not wear his warmest clothes and caught a cold, he would be berated for being stupid and not wearing his warmest coat. If he traveled and did not have a warm enough coat and one was provided to save money, as opposed to him going out and putting it on the TAB for us Citizens to pick up. You see it is a no win situtation.

NOTE: I personally do not like the existing administration, yet this does not stop me from asking logical questions, or wondering if people were just looking for something to be upset about with the USA. Maybe becase we sent the VP and not the President, people were upset. Oh well.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rich ... here is a logical question for you.

You are travelling to an official memorial honoring 1.6 million casualties of war. What do you think would be appropriate attire?

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
Rich ... here is a logical question for you.

You are travelling to an official memorial honoring 1.6 million casualties of war. What do you think would be appropriate attire?

I would have a suit, Dark Color, and I would have a long coat, most likely my Leather one.

Yet, neither of these are extremely warm. It did look cold outside, and the rest were dressed in Furs and wool, and maybe he did not plan ahead or his assistant did not check the weather report for the area and pack his wool black long coat. I do not have one, so I would have to go buy one.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
props to Rich.

Good Answer :partyon:

We wonder why the Vice President didn't know as much?

M

Melissa426

michaeledward said:
This is new. We now have fashion police residing at Martial Talk.

You know what? I can't believe anyone cares. The dead certainly don't. If I am ever tragically murdered by a regime that is the embodiment of evil, anyone who represents the country that helped defeat them can come to my memorial service dressed in a clown suit if he wants.

My prayers go out to the 6 million victims. May they find eternal peace.
Melissa

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi All,

Who cared the media???

The VP can do what he wants as far as I am concerned, whether you voted for him or not, he is the toughest and sharpest man in the Valley.

Regards, Gary

G

ghostdog2

Melissa is right on.

If it were up to the French and the Russians this camp might still be functioning, so their "diplomats" ought to wear mourning clothes. Mr. Cheney looked just fine. Thank you.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As much as I loate Cheney, the man, in part, represents America and Americans when he attends events such as this. His attire wasn't fabulous, but I'm not too bothered by that. But the idea that some people might be - it's not that the victims of the concentrations camps would care, but he is representing *us*, today.

A

AnimEdge

He just looks like he is cold to me
Oh and i secound, i guess, third Mellisa's comment

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
His presence at the ceremony was enough.

I agree that perhaps he should have considered a more formal outfit, but I suppose that's splitting hairs.

I also suppose that I could have taken it as an insult to my murdered family members, but what good would it do?

Doesn't bring them back.

Doesn't make history go away.

Doesn't lessen the presence of anti-semitism and hatred and bigotry in this *modern* world.

digitalronin

Green Belt
Reaction score
Mellisa's right,
who cares what he wore, except a bunch of sore losers. Better luck in 2008, when u try to run hillary :D

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Look Im quoting the bible...I must be a conservative, fundamentalist, religious nutball!!

Matthew 6 : 25 - 34

Hear the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ according to Matthew. Jesus taught his disciples, saying.
25 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink,
or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
26 Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
27 And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life?
28 And why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin,
29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not clothed like one of these.
30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you – you of little faith?
31 Therefore do not worry, saying, “What will we eat?” or “What will we drink?” or “What will we wear?”
32 For it is the Gentiles who strive for all these things; and indeed your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33 But strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
34 So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today’s trouble is enough for today.’
"Im happy he came,could have dressed a little nicer"=OK

"Oh my God! Look at what hes wearing, would have been better he not came at all!! What a slob! Oh the Horror! Typical American."=Silly

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If anyone is a 'nutball', it would not be for quoting the bible. It is a wonderful book and many of its teachings should be adhered to more closely.

That someone would excuse behavior that is in such bad taste is really strange.

If I showed up at your fathers funeral in my surfing trunks, it might be considered bad taste ... but live and let live, that's what I say.

However, I am not a representative of the United States of American. I am not at the gathering to represent what is perhaps the biggest atrocity in history.

Can there be not criticism of the current adminstration? Is any comment about there actions treasonous?

This article was, I think, especially powerful. A contributing editor to the National Review, and part of the Reagan Treasury department.

http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=76&ItemID=7056

Like Brownshirts, the new conservatives take personally any criticism of their leader and his policies. To be a critic is to be an enemy. I went overnight from being an object of conservative adulation to one of derision when I wrote that the US invasion of Iraq was a "strategic blunder."
And no ... I, of all people, am not the fashion police. Really, what Cheney wore is indeed irrelevant, funny, almost.

Let's talk about the true crimes perpetrated by Cheney, et al. They won the election. And as I have said before, I am fortunate that I can take advantage of the policies they are putting in place. I still think its wrong. But I will profit from it.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Im sure the VP woke up that morning thinking hard about what outfit would most offend....:shrug:

Odd that pointing out how silly a huge blow out over a coat and hat gets turned into "Can there be not criticism of the current adminstration? Is any comment about there actions treasonous?"...Criticize away. Just seems like a silly stand to make.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Im sure the VP woke up that morning thinking hard about what outfit would most offend....:shrug:
That exact irony is what I was pointing out here ....

michaeledward said:
It makes you wonder who he was trying to offend.
But, since I am now the fashion police, I'm wondering where I get my stripes.

:)

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
props to Rich.

Good Answer :partyon:

Well there are a couple of other answers also, but I want people to consider them serious and not just a joke.

How many people have had to deal with a grand father or father in getting them dressed for an event or their on time? They are on there own time and also wear what is comfortable and warm, as it is practical and functional even iff it does not match the rest of the outfit or the event.

Now the second one is just as serious.

Mrs. Cheney: Honey, it is cold out please wear this coat.
VP: Dear, I have to look my best, even though this black over coat is not as warm it is appropriate.
Mrs: So, you want to catch a cold and die, and leave me alone?
VP: ** Silence , he has been married for this long.
Mrs: So, you do not love, me and want me to live alone because you catch a cold and do not want to wear this warm coat.
VP: Yes Dear, I will wear the coat.

The VP is still a person, and he has a personal life as well. :)

:asian: