Chatroom

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It's been empty every time I've gone in there recently.... Are people just avoiding me or something? :)

K

KenpoGirl

More like 11 pm, her in the EST yah gotta be willing to loose some sleep to chat up your fellow Martial Talker.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by KenpoGirl
More like 11 pm, her in the EST yah gotta be willing to loose some sleep to chat up your fellow Martial Talker.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Its so true :shrug: Even harder for us British ones :wah:

S

Shinzu

too bad we can't get notifications by email when people are in the chatroom. this way if you wanted to chat you could, plus i think it would encourage more people to try it out :)

M

Master of Blades

I'm in the chatroom now if anyone wants to bother and check it out.....it has been WAY too quiet recently :(

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shinzu
too bad we can't get notifications by email when people are in the chatroom. this way if you wanted to chat you could, plus i think it would encourage more people to try it out :)

The problem is, it would generate a LOT! of email, and possibly cause some problems.

We are working on a way to make the chatroom traffic more obvious on the forum.

S

Shinzu

agreed kaith. the chat room is a great idea and we need to get more people involved. i would like to help out in any way i could :)

M

Master of Blades

I'm thinking.......Couldnt you somehow below the "Whos online" thingy........couldnt you have a little thing saying whos in the chatroom etc? :asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you go the chat page you can click on the number of people chatting then it pops up a small window with a list of who is chatting.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades
I'm thinking.......Couldnt you somehow below the "Whos online" thingy........couldnt you have a little thing saying whos in the chatroom etc? :asian:

Theres a way to do it, but its a PITA to impliment. We're looking into something like that at some point.

M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by arnisador
If you go the chat page you can click on the number of people chatting then it pops up a small window with a list of who is chatting.

Yeah but that means going to the chatroom.......and at the moment the problem is not many people do. However if the thing telling you is ON THE FORUMS......I'm pretty sure it would encourage more people to go in :asian:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah but that means going to the chatroom.......and at the moment the problem is not many people do. However if the thing telling you is ON THE FORUMS......I'm pretty sure it would encourage more people to go in :asian:

Joe,

You mean you do not run a dual monitor system? I do, and one monitor has the chatroom up and going and the other has the forum or other sites I am looking at.

It is easy for me. How come it is not easy for you ? :D :rofl:

M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by Rich Parsons
Joe,

You mean you do not run a dual monitor system? I do, and one monitor has the chatroom up and going and the other has the forum or other sites I am looking at.

It is easy for me. How come it is not easy for you ? :D :rofl:

Quite a few reasons Rich.....Let me explain :D

A) I have a 6 or 7 yr old IBM Aptiva

B) I use AOL which doesnt support the Chatroom....meaning I have to open Internet Explorer AS WELL which really slows down my downloading and occasionally causes my computer to freeze

C) Windows 95 -_-'

It is easy......but to do that would be logical.....and why would I want to be logical :D

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

You poor bloody bugger you. :)

B) I use AOL which doesnt support the Chatroom....meaning I have to open Internet Explorer AS WELL which really slows down my downloading and occasionally causes my computer to freeze

Well, you can always get Mozilla or Opera. :) Hell, even Lynx is better than AOHell....:D

C) Windows 95 -_-'

Don't worry, I hear that Windows 96 will be released in the UK soon...... :rofl:

It is easy......but to do that would be logical.....and why would I want to be logical :D

Hmm....yup..def. a PC geek..... :)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

If you get a good Job you can get a better computer. You know help out your old Mum :D

I have no pity for those that use AOL. Even My Parents. I tried to warn them, yet not everyone will listen. :rolleyes:

C) Windows 95 -_-'

Well there are Updates that even MS woudl allow you to download.

Logic from my English Cousin? How dare you talk like that. Kaith where is the Soap?
:rofl:

M

Master of Blades

Hey my PC is GHETTO, thats the word were using, GHETTO! So dont be hating y'all!

And Rich I didnt realise Detroit was in Michigan.......thats why you were laughing at the Sixers :p

M

Master of Blades

Oh yeah did I say I had Microsoft Windows 95 PLUS edition.......:roflmao:

E

Elfan

MOB seriously drop AOL. Its horrible. If not I suggest you "downgrade" to the oldest version they still support and use it only to connect to the internet and use another browser for browsing. AOL is a BIG system eater and since you are using an old computer that might help you out.