Unoffical Martial Talk Chatroom :P

A

AnimEdge

There s talk in the kempo you might not know aout a chatroom, people where saying sould be a yahoo group should be this, well sence its all talk i took the uh incitive and made it irc :p you can access this currently and hopefully will become offical room by any irc client ex: http://www.mirc.com
and add the server irc.webmaster.com and then type in /join #MartialTalk
(There will be better instructions when its offical hopefully :p)
or you can get onto it from the temporary java version location:
http://www.animedge.net/martialtalk.php
this and the colors on there will probly be changed once(if) it becomes offical
Also FYI i am current the admin of this chatroom, once it becomes offical and so on we will have a exchange of powers or whatever and the admins who are the actuall admins will then become the uh admins

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There is also software that can be integrated right into the site...

Having a IRC chatroom will probably go rather unused...

Just up to admin as to whether or not they want the extra trouble of having one.

OP
A

AnimEdge

yea but that takes bandwith and proccessor this is all ran through the webmaster server so it uses a lot less

Also sencfe you can access it without a clinet using a java version that allows people who dont want to use or access a programm to get there can get there as well

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What about secutity?

Can you control who is allowed to access it?

Because a martialtalk chatroom should require MT membership. We don't want everyone that gets banned from the forums causing trouble in the chat room.

So how well can this be moderated?

OP
A

AnimEdge

It is moderated, there are kicks and banning system, theere is voice sytem where we can anoly alow certain people to talk

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll try to check this out ASAP..just swamped at the moment.. (Still working on some load balancing issues on the server..)

We can't do IRC on this server as the datacenters banned IRC period. Remotely is another situation though.

I appreciate the inititive...if I don't get back to ya on it soon, remind me please.
:)

Latest Discussions