Martial Arts Chatrooms?

bladenosh

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am very instant gratification. Forums are good, but they take as long as 1904 mail! Patience is a virtue, however that is a philosophy thought up by a peoples who believe life in continuous. No mean to offend, I am always open to me being wrong in my views ;)

Does anyone know of populated MA chatrooms? Preferably MMA, but I could go with anything.

OP
B

bladenosh

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Not a thing? I will walk away front forward in shame

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
MT used to have a chatroom, but it is no longer in operation. I don't know exactly why, since it was before I joined MT. You'll have to ask Bob about it.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We had some troll problems and software issues. Always meant to readd one, but, it's a low priority project. I think MAP has one, and Kenponet, though neither are MMA oriented.

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm all over the place on the web, they just are not that popular in the on-line MA circles.....wonder why?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can you see the new Chat Lounge forum under General? I don't know if one needs certain permissions to get into it or not, like with areas of their Member's Lounge.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Can you see the new Chat Lounge forum under General? I don't know if one needs certain permissions to get into it or not, like with areas of their Member's Lounge.

Aha...found it! Thanks!!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chat rooms are mainly full of people that thinks they are sooooooo much better than everybody else.
terry

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't mind 'em but I stay out. By the time I get done typing, everyone else is 3 topics ahead of me.

Sorry I can't help ya.

ronin_warrior_j

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
They would be allright if it wasnt for all the *******s that just want to get on there and hassle you about dumb crap. And most chat rooms tend to get off of the topic they were originally designed to discuss.

Last Fearner

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
There are chatrooms out there, only they are becoming more scarce, and hard to find. MSN chat used to have several user created chat rooms before they went to a paid subscription (about $20.00 per year). There were usually 30 to 40 people in two or three Martial Art chat rooms every night. Now, you don't find any Martial Art rooms on MSN, and all of the chat rooms have dropped in participation. If you subscribe, you can still open and host your own user chat about Martial Art, but you would have to get the word out, and only those with paid subscription could participate http://chat.msn.com/

The big thing there now, is the MSN communities http://groups.msn.com/. You can do a search for Martial Art, and find several http://groups.msn.com/browse.msnw?catid=327. It's free to join these (all you need is to create a free MSN Passport account), but each group will often require an application to join, and managers approval which takes a day or two, then they might not have a very active chat room.

Yahoo used to have some Martial Art chat, then their user create chat got cut off a while back. Now, I don't find any chat rooms open there, just a fAQ section that asks and answers the question "why are there no more chat rooms on Yahoo?" Answer: Yahoo messenger is more popular, and a higher priority for Yahoo's tech staff.

I like chat rooms, but you do get the trolls who screw things up, and a lot of Martial Art wannabes. If you know what you're talking about, there are those with little or no experience, who argue with you for no reason, and call you a "poser" or some such name. It's usually pimple faced teen computer geeks (no offense to anyone here), who host these chat rooms, and they are more into computer hacking and running scripts than the Martial Art. They'll ban you from chat just for politely pointing out the fact that they don't know the difference between a sensei and sushi (literally).

If we had a well run chat room here, I would participate in it! :)

CM D.J. Eisenhart

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If Last Fearner & Fluffy would partcipate, so would I. They are certainly 2 folks who can make it interesting.:partyon: :partyon: :partyon:

Latest Discussions