Charli XCX Has Good Music For Martial Arts Drills

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Charli XCX is a pop star from Great Britain and she's really good. Anyway, some of her songs are really good for working out to and for listening to when you're doing martial arts drills, from my experience. I particularly like her songs Boom Clap and Im So Fancy, so anybody who wants to get more out of their martial arts workout, I would recommend her music.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer Okinawan Shamisen music before class.
Sanshi. I‘m learning it with a group of Japanese ladies in a Japanese restaurant once a month! This is mine…
E809D817-554B-4154-8659-BA7417E9686E.jpeg

Damien

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I actually went to University with Charlie XCX's dad. He was a mature student, she was just starting her career and wasn't big yet. Didn't think anything would come of it, then a couple of years later saw her and her dad on Never Mind the Buzzcocks!

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually went to University with Charlie XCX's dad. He was a mature student, she was just starting her career and wasn't big yet. Didn't think anything would come of it, then a couple of years later saw her and her dad on Never Mind the Buzzcocks!
What a coincidence! What course was he doing. I’ve never heard of her 😐🤷🏽‍♂️

Damien

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What a coincidence! What course was he doing. I’ve never heard of her 😐🤷🏽‍♂️
Archaeology. Don't know if he ever did anything with it. I think it was just for interest, I get the impression he'd made a lot of money in his younger days. Certainly don't doing archaeology! 😂

Just one of the reasons why I no longer work in the industry

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah yes, an archaeologist friend said it’s less Indiana Jones and more scrabbling around in a cold, muddy hole for days (without funding)!

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah yes, an archaeologist friend said it’s less Indiana Jones and more scrabbling around in a cold, muddy hole for days (without funding)!
At the end of the day what's the difference?

I was going to post an Egyptian work song, but this was in my head.

Her haircut and half this video.. very Egyptian.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is that allowed???? I thought you had to tell us.
To the best of my knowledge according to the forum rules stuff on this forum does not need my approval as to whether or not people think its funny, but that doesn't mean I can't state my opinion.

But if you want a funny video of Charli, or at least a video that I find funny in my opinion, there's this.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
So anyway, Charli XCX now has a home in Los Angeles as well as London. I don't know if she's registered as a US citizen but considering her success in the USA I can see why she might want to have a residence in the country.

Holmejr

Black Belt
Reaction score
Charli XCX is a pop star from Great Britain and she's really good. Anyway, some of her songs are really good for working out to and for listening to when you're doing martial arts drills, from my experience. I particularly like her songs Boom Clap and Im So Fancy, so anybody who wants to get more out of their martial arts workout, I would recommend her music.
I tend to like more masculine type music for working out. Thanks though for the recommendation, my wife might aerobicize to it.

Latest Discussions