Cerio/Lin Wan Kune

BallistikMike

Green Belt
Reaction score
12 years owning a bar.

11 years Kenpo/Kempo and various other things :)

KISS - Keep It Simpl Self-Defense

These boards are awesome. Everyone here does a great job.

OP
X

xangelusx

Monkey,

Is the book that you're referring to Sil Lum Kung Fu: The Chinese Art of Self Defense? Or is it the more rare Choy Lay Fut Kung-Fu: Chinese Art of Self-Defense? I found the former for less than $10 on Amazon, but the latter is selling for near $70. I've been trying to track down this form for some time now and would love to see some pictures of it to refresh my memory.

OP
M

monkey-a-go-go

xangelusx,
Yes it is my man! Sil lum kung fu: chinese art of self defense that is. I got mine the same way. Again those old Ohara books are a lot of fun. If you get it, let me know and we can kick around some thoughts on it if you want to. I once saw his choy lay fut for arond $14 on there and regret not picking it up. I have never seen it that cheap again. Place that order.....

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
The Kai said:
I don't think that Cerio learned the form from Fong at all, I can check and get back to you

It is a cool form though!
Todd

Cerio learned that form from Gan Fong Chin. The Cerio version is (as I've been told by Joe Rebelo) very similar to the Leo Fong version, differing by the addition of a tornado kick.

Edit: Ooops - sorry Joe (Shuras) - I didn't notice that you already answered that one.

Matt

OP
M

monkey-a-go-go

Thanks Matt. If you get a chance could you describe a tornado kick? I have seen different types of kicks named tornado and am a bit confused with the term.

OP
X

xangelusx

Monkey,

A tornado kick (at least as I've been taught) is jump spinning inside cresent kick that is done in repetition, hence the "tornado". It has a very dissying effect, to say the least :)

OP
K

Karazenpo

Matt said:
Cerio learned that form from Gan Fong Chin. The Cerio version is (as I've been told by Joe Rebelo) very similar to the Leo Fong version, differing by the addition of a tornado kick.

Edit: Ooops - sorry Joe (Shuras) - I didn't notice that you already answered that one.

Matt

Hey Matt, no problem, you're right on the money as usual. Professor Cerio told me, from what I recall, that he started the form with Leo Fong and did indeed finish it with Gang Fong Chin, so it would most likely be Chin's version that it closely resembles. Take care my bother, "Joe"

OP
M

monkey-a-go-go

xangelusx,
Thanks I got it know. Good Luck with those!

Prof. Shuras,
thanks for sharing your time and experience with us.

OP
K

Karazenpo

monkey-a-go-go said:
xangelusx,
Thanks I got it know. Good Luck with those!

Prof. Shuras,
thanks for sharing your time and experience with us.

Glad to be of help.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Karazenpo, the next time we get togeather it would be interesting to compare your version of this form and the one I do

OP
K

Karazenpo

tshadowchaser said:
Karazenpo, the next time we get togeather it would be interesting to compare your version of this form and the one I do

Sheldon, sounds good to me! Who did you learn your version from? "Joe"

Latest Discussions