Century MA them Cheap Bastards

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I placed an order with Century today, and I request their New Fall Catalog they sent me with my last order. Figured next time I order would have them send 50 or so. I give them out to the students. They told me they no longer give catalogs out and each school gets one. So you cheap BASTARDS if I get one and lose it of someone makes off with it I can't order from you **** heads. I am pissed. Plan on looking for new company. I like dealing with one and get all my stuff from them to save on shipping. Will start searching the web. Goodbye Century dumb asses.
Bob :soapbox:

T

twinkletoes

That's pretty weird. They just sent our school ten or so of the new catalogues.

Anywho, the school does business with them, but I buy all my stuff from the Academy of Karate (www.martialartssupermarket.com). Their catalog includes century, asian world, and many other large retailers' entire stocks, and at cheaper prices. Their shipping is a little more expensive, but MUCH faster. I have had nothing short of great experiences every time I order from them.

I recommend starting there.

~TT

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kempojujutsu
I placed an order with Century today, and I request their New Fall Catalog they sent me with my last order. Figured next time I order would have them send 50 or so. I give them out to the students. They told me they no longer give catalogs out and each school gets one. So you cheap BASTARDS if I get one and lose it of someone makes off with it I can't order from you **** heads. I am pissed. Plan on looking for new company. I like dealing with one and get all my stuff from them to save on shipping. Will start searching the web. Goodbye Century dumb asses.
Bob :soapbox:

You can get some pretty good stuff here:
http://www.juka.com/

Establish a wholesale account with them and you won't be sorry.
The gi's at these next 2 links I paid less than $50. each.

http://www.juka.com/uniform/jukado.htm#linkPrimo

http://www.juka.com/uniform/juka.htm

The pictures don't do them justice. I bought 3 Black Juka Golds and 3 Black Jukado Primos for myself, several Jukado Primos for my students and my wife and daughter each have 2 Black Jukado Primos and also 2 of the womens cut Juka Diamond in black.

The womens cut is a little thin and the same goes for the Jukado's that are not the Primos.

Anyway, you sound like you put together big orders and you can do the math on how much I saved on just mine, and my wifes and daughters.

:asian:

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
I'm pretty shocked to hear that. I have always gotten a pile of catalogs whenever I requested them from Century. Of course, the last two times I ordered I forgot to ask. I'll have to check on that myself as I use them, AWMA, and Tiger Claw quite extensively. When I learn something, I'll post my findings here. If it is something stupid, like your location or something, I'll get extras and send them to you if you like.

I

IsshinryuKarateGirl

Originally posted by twinkletoes
That's pretty weird. They just sent our school ten or so of the new catalogues.

Anywho, the school does business with them, but I buy all my stuff from the Academy of Karate (www.martialartssupermarket.com). Their catalog includes century, asian world, and many other large retailers' entire stocks, and at cheaper prices. Their shipping is a little more expensive, but MUCH faster. I have had nothing short of great experiences every time I order from them.

I recommend starting there.

~TT

I have actually been to that site...it's pretty good. I ordered a katana from there. My school does get our supplies from Century, we haven't had any problems from them.

Turner

Blue Belt
Reaction score
www.martialartssupermarket.com is the first place that I turn when I want to buy anything for classes. I've ordered from them frequently over the past several years and only once have they made a mistake. They are cheap and very fast with getting the stuff shipped out. I've used other places on occassion but I always go back to the Academy of Karate for what I need.

OP
K

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Turner
www.martialartssupermarket.com is the first place that I turn when I want to buy anything for classes. I've ordered from them frequently over the past several years and only once have they made a mistake. They are cheap and very fast with getting the stuff shipped out. I've used other places on occassion but I always go back to the Academy of Karate for what I need.

They do have alot of stuff. I may call them and set up an account.
Thanks for all the info everyone. How about MTI Trading INC. Got any info on them? Got a brocher from them the other day?
Bob

OP
K

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I email Century, telling them abut my disproval of the catalog. I was email back in less then an hour. Was told the catalog had a misprint in it. Actually they printed the website and phone number of century in the new catalog. Meaning student could order direct from Century intead of the schools. That is why they were limiting the catalog to one per schools. The new catalog should be in by September 15, according to the email I received.
Bob :asian:

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kempojujutsu
They do have alot of stuff. I may call them and set up an account.
Thanks for all the info everyone. How about MTI Trading INC. Got any info on them? Got a brocher from them the other day?
Bob
Not sure about them, but stay away from Ken's Trading Company!

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
They lost my order it has been a month and just now they said they are sending it out but there not giving me any discount.
I order fighting gear they just said they miss places the order sheet.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I buy most of my MA equiptment and supplies from Ken's Golden Tiger MA supplies. It's a local company here in So. Cal. I've had only positive experiences with them both online, and also visiting their showroom in downtown LA. That's why I keep going back. Good co., big variety of MA stuff.

And, they always send catalogs, whether I want them or not.

Here's their web site:

http://www.goldentiger.com/

Bujingodai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have been pretty impressed with the MASM, I have spent quite a bit there.
Do any of you know of any good online Canadian suppliers, I am getting smoked by customs fees and shipping. I bought three pairs of Tabi, that was cool. I got charged $18 USD post and $26 in Customs just to get the box from the post office here!!

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by cali_tkdbruin
I buy most of my MA equiptment and supplies from Ken's Golden Tiger MA supplies. It's a local company here in So. Cal. I've had only positive experiences with them both online, and also visiting their showroom in downtown LA. That's why I keep going back. Good co., big variety of MA stuff.

And, they always send catalogs, whether I want them or not.

Here's their web site:

http://www.goldentiger.com/
That's who I was referring to. It will be a cold month in hell before those people ever get another cent from me. They lied to me, the cheated me, they screwed up my order, they were rude, and they were not the least bit sorry. I have nothing but contempt for them. I will be more than happy to share my expereince with those slime with anyone.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig
That's who I was referring to. It will be a cold month in hell before those people ever get another cent from me. They lied to me, the cheated me, they screwed up my order, they were rude, and they were not the least bit sorry. I have nothing but contempt for them. I will be more than happy to share my expereince with those slime with anyone.

I personally have never had any problem with them at all, that's why I'm a repeat customer. I've spent a lot of my hard earned cash there.

However, I was not aware that they had a record of F___ing over their customers.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by cali_tkdbruin
I personally have never had any problem with them at all, that's why I'm a repeat customer. I've spent a lot of my hard earned cash there.

However, I was not aware that they had a record of F___ing over their customers.
The difference may be that you are right there. I am clear across the country from them

Latest Discussions