Cartoons are good for your health

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Jade, I am another comic strip lover. How can anyone not love "The Far Side" ?:lfao:
lori

OP
J

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My father introduced me to the Farside,Calvin and Hobbes,Mad magazine,The big book of hell,101 uses for a dead cat.

This was my reading material in school along with my comic books.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I remember YEARS ago (so please don't ask me to cite it) I read a study that was published in a newspaper that looked at longevity and what page of the paper people read first.

People who read the comics first usually lived longer lives. Sports was next, the "front page" news had the shortest life spans.

The study was based on the attitudes of these people and the people who read the comics first usually handled the stress better and were more relaxed in their lives. I don't think it was a largely funded "scientific" study, but it was still interesting.

OP
J

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
There are things called Newsfast. Meaning to take time off from listening,reading or any involvement with news.

Usually the front page is meant to grap your attention so something shocking is put there.

Interesting about the Sports page.

I wonder how long people live reading Parade.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like to watch cartoons on tv... but then Bugs Bunny dresses as a girl and I need private time in my room.

Hehehe.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Although it seems these cartoons should be bad for my health, I can't help but laugh my petootie off every time I watch them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The old classic Bugs Bunny cartoons are THE BEST!!! I also looooove watching Family Guy. I also love the Far Side comics.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I always loved these guys for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoneRider

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Now I don't feel so bad about watching boxed sets of old Looney Toons cartoons from my childhood. (I watched reruns back in the late 80s-early 90s).

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I love cartoons, really don't like watching anything else LOL
Family Guy, South Park, Metalocalypse on occasion...Moral Orel, while not a cartoon, is also pretty funny