Captured camera goes back to where it was

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not MA or MT related, but it seems not necessary in this forum. I thought it was interesting. This link came from RFF. BBC News - WWII German camera captures Nazi troops at rest and tells of a Royal Marine who during an operation in WWII found a camera and not only kept if, but used it. Then returned it to the Netherlands.

Nice story I thought, for any one. Especially those of use who have been in the military. Also, Tez3 is always an ardent supporter of the British military, and might know more about Mr. Thompson.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oftherd1 thank you for posting that link. It is a great story. I do like the fact that all the pictures are now in a museum

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Click onto the gallery of the second site I posted, it's full of really interesting photos from all eras.

OP
O

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for your links Tez3. More interesting reading.

I have posted the links on RFF for the readers there. The link for that thread at RFF is A Wartime tale of a Voigtlander Bessa - Rangefinderforum.com and you may notice some Europeans in that thread. RFF, for anyone interested in photography is primarily for, and was started for, rangefinder camera enthusiasts. But by no means are other types of cameras, including digital, ignored. And like here, it is quite international. Mr. Flibble is a WWII re-enactor and often posts photos from re-enactments, there are others as well, and there are readers interested in the military as well as WWII.

Glad members here found the original link interesting, and have followed Tez3's links. More interesting information.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wow, that was a great story. Great pics, too.

Latest Discussions