Bush Says Immigration Law Must Tighten Borders

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000087&sid=aEPO3SKEQtPM&refer=top_world_news

Bush Says Immigration Law Must Tighten Borders (Update4) March 27 (Bloomberg) -- President George W. Bush, addressing critics of his immigration proposals among fellow Republicans, said the U.S. must bolster border security while bringing illegal immigrants out of ``the shadows.''
``Our immigration system cannot function if we cannot control the border,'' Bush said today during a naturalization ceremony for new immigrants in Washington. ``No one is served by an immigration system that allows large numbers of people to sneak across the border illegally.''
The president emphasized tightening U.S. borders while repeating his support for a ``guest worker'' program as Congress this week considers legislation to overhaul U.S. immigration laws. The debate has divided Bush's Republican Party as lawmakers are trying to balance voter demands for greater security with the needs of companies that are seeking workers from abroad.
Immigration is emerging as an issue that may play into the congressional elections in November, and at least one opponent of Bush's position, Republican Representative Tom Tancredo of Colorado, has vowed to make it a central debate in the 2008 presidential race.

I never expected Bush to do this! I always thought he wanted the boarders and immigration laws loose because I thought he was for cheap labor. Good move I think, since it is against the law.

I however do think he should maybe grant amnesty to illegal immigrants already here one last time. I thought he was going to this too! Guess not.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Today the world is different? What is the best thing for America to do for illegal immigrates? and what would be fair for those here now in America?

Have them take martial art lessons? ....because martial arts teaches you to become a good person. We need more good people today.

and they can learn Japanese too? ich, ni, san , shi, go, rok,.....?..Aloha

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The New Collossus - by Emma Lazarus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles.
From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!"” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
noted comedian and hispanic rights advocate carlos mencia says he hopes we'll all pass a law to close up the borders tight and send all the illegals home.

he hopes so, cos he can't wait to watch all us gringos sweating in the lettuce fields, mowing our own lawns and cleaning our own kitchens.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for Bush to advocate the idea of building a large concrete wall between Mexico and the US with checkpoints every so often for "legitimate" travel... wait... that's been done somewhere...

*makes sure all his "papers" are in order before travelling again*

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kane said:
I never expected Bush to do this! I always thought he wanted the boarders and immigration laws loose because I thought he was for cheap labor. Good move I think, since it is against the law.

Yep. It's worked wonders for France.

Latest Discussions