Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From NYTimes
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/25/washington/25epa.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
The White House in December refused to accept the Environmental Protection Agency’s conclusion that greenhouse gases are pollutants that must be controlled, telling agency officials that an e-mail message containing the document would not be opened, senior E.P.A. officials said last week.

The document, which ended up in e-mail limbo, without official status, was the E.P.A.’s answer to a 2007 Supreme Court ruling that required it to determine whether greenhouse gases represent a danger to health or the environment, the officials said.

This week, more than six months later, the E.P.A. is set to respond to that order by releasing a watered-down version of the original proposal that offers no conclusion. Instead, the document reviews the legal and economic issues presented by declaring greenhouse gases a pollutant.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Might be. Considering that until just recently the idea of Global Warming wasn't a concern for the Bush administration, news that it pointedly ignored EPA emails is interesting.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
very strange indeed, and sort of dumb.

I mean, if the administration doesnt know by now that anything that makes them look bad WILL get leaked, and ran on page 1 of the NY Times, they havnt been paying attention.

My guess? it was more than likely a "we wont take it in email, prepare a hard copy study and forward it to us" and the leaker with an agenda(tm) left that part out.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
I question "plausible".

Err, excuse me Mr. President. I sent you an email with our final report six months ago. We need your input.

Oh, heh heh. Our servers must be a little slow.

Latest Discussions