Burn Out or What?

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What's your mental and physical status at this time of year.

Do you feel like chilling.. hanging out, or are you fiesty and feeling like you wanna fight, verbally or physically.

Are you Bored and just wander around the internet with no real concentration or motivation.

Is this a phenomenon around the world or only where the weather is cooling down for fall.

Is this affecting your Training, work, School or life in some way?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I cant say that I feel any different this time of year... although I admit to wanting to do more when its cooler out... so maybe a LITTLE more motivated... Im not a summer guy... beaches, things like that, they hold no appeal. (Well, unless its like a RESORT BEACH with free drinks and a cabana boy to bring them to me so I dont have to get outta my hammock)

But give me a nice woodland in the autumn... ahhhhh. I could wander for HOURS.

RanaHarmamelda

Orange Belt
Reaction score
This time of year is always kinda rough on me -- even more so since I started law school. I mean -- I'm back in school, which is a huge boost to my energy levels -- but at the same time, I'm kinda bored -- but the weather is so nice (I much prefer cold to hot) -- so, yeah.

Basically, I'm in a state of almost constant restlessness for a month or two, here -- which means I'm always up for a fight or several.

My physical activity cycle tend to peak this time of year. :)

Peace,
Me

T

TheRustyOne

I may seem happy-go-lucky, but my headaches are increased and i'm so stressed. i just try to hide it. while i happily gab here, inside, i'm feeling depressed about everything. personal problems, school issues, financial worries, etc.

...and i do a lot of stupid stuff...

i'm gonna go crawl into my advil and hope the headache goes away before my 4th class today...

*~rest in peace, Man In Black, you'll be missed.~*

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know I'm much more fiesty in the fall than summer, most likely due to school starting up (college classes we teach), the cooler weather where you can actually open a window and have fresh air. not the drone of the a/c unit.. I don't care for the getting dark early though.. that's just wrong..
I don't concentrate as well in the fall until I get acclimated to the changes weather/darkness wise.. My moods don't really fluctuate.. but I do find I'm more prone to challenging things
:boxing:

And I don't sit in one spot very long.. I flit around trying to entertain myself :)

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheRustyOne
I may seem happy-go-lucky, but my headaches are increased and i'm so stressed. i just try to hide it. while i happily gab here, inside, i'm feeling depressed about everything. personal problems, school issues, financial worries, etc.

...and i do a lot of stupid stuff...

i'm gonna go crawl into my advil and hope the headache goes away before my 4th class today...

*~rest in peace, Man In Black, you'll be missed.~*

Psst.. you can always babble to someone who cares *hint hint nudge nudge. :)
hope your headache goes away soon sweetie.. I hear ya.. this pressure change is nasty~!! *hands you advil*

K

kenpo2dabone

...things are actually heating up. The forecast calls for temps. in the triple digits this weekend. We call it our Indian Summer. The weather does not affect me too much because I have hobbies that take advantage of kinds of weather. Mostly physical hobbies. Aside from training, in the summer I can be found riding my motorcycle, flying remote control gliders, mountain biking, hiking, camping, wake boarding and jet skiing. In the winter months, I can be found on the slopes snowboarding, on a dirtbike or ATV, fly fishing, or sitting my spa (when I finish installing it) drinking good wine or Port.

Salute,
Mike Miller UKF

RanaHarmamelda

Orange Belt
Reaction score
This time of year is always kinda rough on me -- even more so since I started law school. I mean -- I'm back in school, which is a huge boost to my energy levels -- but at the same time, I'm kinda bored -- but the weather is so nice (I much prefer cold to hot) -- so, yeah.

Basically, I'm in a state of almost constant restlessness for a month or two, here -- which means I'm always up for a fight or several.

My physical activity cycle tend to peak this time of year. :)

Peace,
Me

T

TheRustyOne

*takes advil with a grin*

i might need to rant to ya, tess. if you'd only not lurk on aim ;)
the headaches aren't pressure changes. my doctor is confused about what's causing them because i show signs of migraine and tension...*sigh*

sitting still is an issue, and i like to be standing a moving about, too.

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*takes advil with a grin*

i might need to rant to ya, tess. if you'd only not lurk on aim ;)
the headaches aren't pressure changes. my doctor is confused about what's causing them because i show signs of migraine and tension...*sigh*

sitting still is an issue, and i like to be standing a moving about, too.

Opening Aim :)

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
I kinda like this time of year...it's cooler, so you can workout longer....take a nice hot shower after...chill...then sleep

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess
What's your mental and physical status at this time of year.

Usually just trying to get by life one day at a time.

Do you feel like chilling.. hanging out, or are you fiesty and feeling like you wanna fight, verbally or physically.

all of the above, probably and more as well.

Are you Bored and just wander around the internet with no real concentration or motivation.

I like to practice no matter when.

Is this a phenomenon around the world or only where the weather is cooling down for fall.

Right now I'm pretty P.O.'ed because I didn't get a summer and now it's getting cold and will snow in less than 2 months.:mad:

Is this affecting your Training, work, School or life in some way?

Well my back and left leg still is sore as a *****, and my virus doesn't seem to be getting any better at the moment. Chatted with Mr. C today so that was cool.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tess, I think I'm burning out. *stresses*

Stress is hard to deal with, especially while you are in school...it's an added pressure. I remember what you are going thru... Home Life, School Life, Relationship Pressures...

I'd like to say it gets better, but in reality, I think you juts develop better coping skills as time goes on...

But what do I know... ;P

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I love the fall....to bad we don't have one in El Paso! :shrug: It does cool off though, but no changing colors.

K

Kroy

I, like technopunk am not a summer guy. I much rather the cooler air of Fall(I definately get out more during these months) and where I'm from (Nova Scotia) is one of the most beautiful places in the world when the leaves change. Ever hear of the Cabot Trail? Ya gotta go.:)

J

J-kid

Without training i would go crazy with school and everything. I get depressed when i am not active. Thats why i train so much it makes me feel good and gives me something to do. I get the winter blues sometimes.

C

Cliarlaoch

Not usually affected by the weather. I do get depressed now and again, but that's more of a permanent trouble of mine that I'm fighting through. I'm almost always eager to go and workout, but the occassional case of the blahs do hit me... like when I'm watching Babylon 5 or some other good show... then I'm out of it.

And darn Warcraft 3 to the deepest part of the abyss... that game destroys lives.

Must play Warcraft... mmmmmmmm...

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
...I much prefer cold weather to warm. I'm most comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt regardless of the temperature, but when fall rolls around and the temp sits around 70 degrees(F), it's perfect. Then it gets colder and the long sleeve shirts come out along with the long black coat...tee hee. My perfect winter day is sunny, slight breeze, and about 45-50 degrees(F). :D

Latest Discussions