Bung Bo Two Man Set Video

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Came across this, its labeled as two of Brendan Lai's students.

Bung Bo - Two Man Set

7sm

Last edited by a moderator:

PeaceWarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
thats awesome! it says two man set, does that mean its a pre-determined drill or is it free sparring?

OP
7starmantis

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Two man set is a pre determined set that is basically practiced for speed, timing, etc. Bung Bo is one of the major mantis forms and this is a two man set for bung bo so its not just a one person form, but you get the "stimulus" of another person while doing the form.

7sm

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's very cool. A lot different than the two man set I was taught.

PeaceWarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Two man set is a pre determined set that is basically practiced for speed, timing, etc. Bung Bo is one of the major mantis forms and this is a two man set for bung bo so its not just a one person form, but you get the "stimulus" of another person while doing the form.

7sm

I see...thats interesting. we do a similiar thing with the 5 animal drill(shoalin) , but its not nearly as long or as complex. thanks for the video again! i really enjoyed it.

peace
Keith

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here is a clip on youtube of Angelo Collado doing our form. Like anything else there are variations of this form from studio to studio. This is one of the nicest two man I've seen.

I was told that it was imported from another kung fu system into ours. I'm not an expert on this matter. If you want to inquire further about it Doc would be a much better resource.

Last edited by a moderator:

tiktok86

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks very much for linking the Bung Bo 2-man clip! I've trained and competed with a couple different 7* mantis forms, including Bung Bo...knew it had a 2-man set but have never seen it. Awesome!

Latest Discussions