Chinese Self Defense Video!

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I hate these videos, only because there is no sense of reality behind them, I know they have to do what they do for the camera....still

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I hate these videos, only because there is no sense of reality behind them, I know they have to do what they do for the camera....still

videos like the one posted above may not be the "graphic street fight caught on tape" but they still serve a purpose. videos like these display execution of a technique in a training environment. training builds muscle memory, and muscle memory/familiarization increases your chances of survival when the "real deal" happens.

nothing wrong with them.

thanks for posting Brian

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've used the first 2/3's of the last armbar/choke to throw people out of my bar. One of my favorites, that I've used quite often. Thank god for muscle memory.

D.

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
videos like the one posted above may not be the "graphic street fight caught on tape" but they still serve a purpose. videos like these display execution of a technique in a training environment. training builds muscle memory, and muscle memory/familiarization increases your chances of survival when the "real deal" happens.

nothing wrong with them.

thanks for posting Brian

I know what you are saying, and I agree, but I would like to see a good balance between these types of videos with at least a smattering of real life (or rather real time) examples. So many people have this clean sanitised version of TMA that distorts their reality of what fighting actually is, I guess like everything, these videos are a two edged sword.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree, didn't look much like the "bad guy" was doing much "bad". He was taking falls and such for the camera....some good techniques, just like to see them done with a little more realism myself.