Bullshido?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fortis

Hey all. Just curious how the Martial Talk community feels about Bullshido? I always see lots of links and references to it when readng these boards.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
No offense but it'd be good to get those two Ls out of here. :erg:

We wouldn't want to offend the Japanese MA practitioners here. I believe the correct spelling is Bushido, which taken from the MS dictionary means: Samurai code of honor. It is the code of honor and behavior of the Japanese warrior class (samurai), emphasizing self-discipline, courage, and loyalty. (Late 19th century. From Japanese, literally “military knight’s way, warrior’s doctrine.”)

It's certainly not a bad way to lead your life, even now in the 21st century... :samurai:

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hes talking about Bullshido.com. A "fraud busting" website.

OP
F

Fortis

Yes, I'm talking about Bullshido.com. Hehe, sorry for confusion.

OP
T

Tremble

B'Shido has come a long way since it's inception.
Unfortunately, starting threads about it are likely to draw the evangelical fringe to this thread, so it's a topic best left alone.
I suspect there are members here with co-memberships there, so it's best not to be divisive.

OP
F

Fortis

Not trying to start a row. That's just what tends to happen on internet forums :p

Nevermind then...

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
I find that rec.martial-arts is a more mature source of martial info than Bullshido.

OP
F

Fortis

Good to know Bester. The stuff on Bullshido is interesting to me and generally fun to read, it's just its "so there!" attitude that gets old after awhile.

Bester

Reaction score
Fortis said:
Good to know Bester. The stuff on Bullshido is interesting to me and generally fun to read, it's just its "so there!" attitude that gets old after awhile.
I was being sarcastic.

RMA was once the place to get serious info, but the last few years with the decline of quality on USENET has seen a few loudmouth toughguys run roughshod over the place. If you're not waving your "manhood" around on there, you're probably just spamming it seems. Bullshido strives to be as good as them. I challenge their supporters to show 20 active threads on history, technique or something besides their ego stoking, schoolyard level banter. It rarely rises above "I know you are but what am I?" in intelect. But, it does serve a purpose. It's a good place for the emotionally challenged to go, saving the quality boards for the adults.

OP
F

Fortis

Ha! So noted. I hadn't visited the site yet but now I'll have to just to get a good laugh.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Every website has it's pro's and con's and then there Bullshido. I'll stay here with fair and understanding folks that enjoy's the life of MA.

VSanhodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Fortis said:
Hey all. Just curious how the Martial Talk community feels about Bullshido? I always see lots of links and references to it when readng these boards.
Interesting choice of spelling. Personally I think your right on the money. Sadly in todays Martial Arts community and on a lot of various boards, they are inundated with wannaabeess and BS martial arts. So weather you meant Bushido or BULLSHIDO, Heck I think you hit it right on the money ofr most so called Martial Artist of today.

Thanks
San

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
folks befor this goes to far we at Martial talk have never bad mothed another forum (that I can remember) and I'm sure it is against the rules to do so

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
yes, i think it may in the best interest for this thread to get locked or discarded before it gets out of control

The MMA kid!

Green Belt
Reaction score
tshadowchaser said:
folks befor this goes to far we at Martial talk have never bad mothed another forum (that I can remember) and I'm sure it is against the rules to do so

its a fantastic forum. just a lot of ****(edited to conform with policy) talkers there. but many give good, helpful information

****Mod Note: Profanity is against the rules - please read the Rules link on the blue menu bar to review. - G. Ketchmark / shesulsa

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just as with any forum, it has its merits. There are many good bits of info on various fraudulent martial artists there, and at least most of the posters do take time to verify their findings. They had a most entertaining scheme for busting a certain neo-ninja, who was selling ranks in non-existent martial arts (Vale Tudo... heh).

Take what you read there with several grains of salt, though. Some of the posters might get rather zealous, and mistakes can be made. That's all I will say, in terms of negativity.

Bester

Reaction score
I find little to no real content there. Just self proclaimed 'researchers' throwing insults, character defamation and other grade school bully level shots back and forth. I don't have much use for the litter box myself, but, figure people who can't communicate like adults need places to play with themselves too, right? Whoever can swear the most, hurl the last insult, and stay around after others get tired of the kindergarten antics leave wins, right? You can go there and say whatever you want without worry about moderation, unless you attack the mods. Then there are board invasions they seem to like doing every so often I've heard...

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
The MMA kid! said:
its a fantastic forum. just a lot of ****(edited to conform with policy) talkers there. but many give good, helpful information

****Mod Note: Profanity is against the rules - please read the Rules link on the blue menu bar to review. - G. Ketchmark / shesulsa
\

why am i not suprised that 90% of your post was inappropriate? relative of something...i suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.