Some Advice Please

B

buddhadragon

Im a 2nd Gup in TSD. The problem I have is two fold. Ive moved to St. Louis MO. I cant find any TSD instruction in a resonable driving distance. I started training late in life, Im 52. So I was looking for suggestions for training in a different MA system. I am interested in Chinese styles, but Im not ruling out anything. I would appreciate any advice given..thanks!

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
buddhadragon said:
Im a 2nd Gup in TSD. The problem I have is two fold. Ive moved to St. Louis MO. I cant find any TSD instruction in a resonable driving distance. I started training late in life, Im 52. So I was looking for suggestions for training in a different MA system. I am interested in Chinese styles, but Im not ruling out anything. I would appreciate any advice given..thanks!
My suggestion would be to check out the phone book or look around online for CMA schools in your area, and go for some visits. Most places worth their salt will let you at least watch a class if not participate in one for no charge. If you find some you really like, you may want to post here with some names and see if anyone knows of the person, as the community here is pretty large.

Hope this helps a little! :)

OP
B

buddhadragon

Thanks, I had seen this school before while searching the net. I was'nt to excited about it but have decided to email them an inquiry. Thanks again

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
What schools do you have in your area? I'd start off by looking at the ones near you, seeing if anything catches your eye. If there is something that you're interested in, head down and talk to the instructor, ask some questions about the school, watch a class, or if its available, take a trial class.

Once you've checked out what in your area, decide which one you like the best.

Good luck on your search! :ultracool

Mike

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, it's helpful to know what you have to choose from locally, though I imagine you have many options in St. Louis.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes, I too suggest to check out the phone book and visit each school. I was 43 when I had started yet another martial art.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The best advice anyone can give you is pick the right art for you that is available in your area, go to the school have a sit down with the main instructor have all your question answered see if he is willing to train you and go day to day.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
yes, chances are that he may see your ability and expereince. However, yours may wind up better than his/some.

OP
B

buddhadragon

bushi jon said:
Tell my buddy Jim Oswald that big John from Indiana says hi
Ill be glad to John. Though Ive only seen there website and talked on the phone I have a "good" feeling about this school. I only hope they will accept me.

OP
S

safeeagle

I would like to recommend Kung Fu San Soo. I don't know if there are any schools out there however.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
buddhadragon said:
Ill be glad to John. Though Ive only seen there website and talked on the phone I have a "good" feeling about this school. I only hope they will accept me.
If you have a good attitude, i dont see why not.

bushi jon

Green Belt
Reaction score
jim is a real good guy if you are going chinese then go with his place. Just my opion.