Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rather...I'd pay closer attention to hiding intention and abilities until they were meant and needed to be used.\

Seems to me, Jay, that what you described there is a lot closer to what constitutes a "ninja" than, oh say, sneaking around in black pajamas, stalking people, and declaring to the world your ninjutsu-ness.

This, of course, is just my opinion. ;)

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*chuckle* Of course it is....but if I say the word "Ninja"....what typically comes to someone's mind?

The wrong thing.

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay Bell
*chuckle* Of course it is....but if I say the word "Ninja"....what typically comes to someone's mind?

The wrong thing.

Or is it the right thing?

Kyojitsu tenkan ho. ;)

-Steve

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay Bell
Karate in black ninja suits with straight swords that have square tsuka...

Fine with me, keeps the nutty ones easily recognizable. I don't care to train with people that don't do their homework anyway.

-Steve

OP
G

Greg Chapman

no offence guy's but my teachers one of our country best even to the point that the yanks invite him to teach 3 times over there, he is an archaeologist & a historian and has written the book, so i think i will go with what he tells me, not what you guys think, you may need to check your sources, if you check the sanmyaku or the hiden then i will let you come and say sorry.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Karate in black ninja suits with straight swords that have square tsuka...

*gasp* Beware the dreaded tengu sword!! Heh. :p

no offence guy's but my teachers one of our country best even to the point that the yanks invite him to teach 3 times over there, he is an archaeologist & a historian and has written the book, so i think i will go with what he tells me, not what you guys think, you may need to check your sources, if you check the sanmyaku or the hiden then i will let you come and say sorry.

Sorry you're having trouble dealing with this, Greg.

Gyokko ryu contains the Ninja no Kissoku, strong elements of Ninpo, comes from Hakuun ryu Ninjutsu, was "founded" by an Iga-den leader, inherited by Momochi Sandayu, and is one of the primary bases for Togakure ryu Ninpo Taijutsu.

Koto ryu was originally the same school as Gyokko ryu, until they were formally "split" in the 16th century by Sakagami Kunishige. This is when most people date the "founding" of Koto ryu. This information comes from Manaka, whom I'd say most would agree is a fairly well-informed source. Koto ryu, like Gyokko ryu, was inherited by Momochi Sandayu and also forms one of the primary bases for Togakure ryu Ninpo Taijutsu.

Kukishinden Happo Hikenjutsu is traced to the 12th century with Izumo Kanja Yoshiteru, along with Shinden Fudo ryu Dakentaijutsu. Yoshiteru was reputedly a student of Hakuun-ryu Ninjutsu's Garyu Doshi (also an Iga-den leader). The ryuha does not have its roots with as a "naval school", but rather as a battlefield school.

Just me thoughts, aye. ;)

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Greg Chapman

*pats you on the head* Your teacher being one of your country's best is highly debatable.

As Jeff pointed out, there are a lot of people that do know that say that Paul's book has many flaws.

By the way...do you read Japanese to be able to read Hiden?

Latest Discussions