Bug-out-bag?

Hudson69

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering how many officers out there carry a BOB, what they carry them for and what they carry?

I will state that I have one and it is for an "Active Shooter Situation." It is a black military type butpack by Black Hawk that is normally used with an LBE/web belt. I have three external MOLLE pouches on it and I have a shoulder strap as well.
One of the MOLLE pouches is a double AR-15 pouch that can carry two mags per pouch.
  • One has two mags in it.
  • The other has a surefire 9P and a spare radio battery.
  • In the elastic around this I have two knives, an old boot knife I lost the sheath for and a small CRKT folder with clip.
The second pouch is a BDU pocket organizer with a mesh front pocket. It is mainly tools
  • The mesh pocket has a large flathead screw driver, wire cutters, and a mini-pry tool
  • Inside are a smaller screwdriver with reversable tips, and a leatherman multi-tool.
  • Additionally I have a set of foam earplugs, a sharpee marker, a black pen, mini notepad and an earpiece for the nextell phone we are all issued on my department.
The last pouch is a single mag pouch witch carries a loaded duty mag.

The main compartment carries the following:
  • One MRE
  • Three cereal bars
  • Clear goggles for my kevlar
  • Black nomex "flight" gloves
  • A first aid kit based off of a Combat Life Saver Course I took as a member of the Nat. Guard; tourniquet, traumatic wound bandage (large), triangle bandage, field compress and set of standard first aid items (asperin, bandaids, neosporin, etc...)
On the back, where the velcro belt straps are for the pack I have a flex-cuff.

That is it for now but am looking to add some sunglasses/shooting glasses and a water supply.

Latest Discussions