bruce lee in todays world

OP
L

Littledragon

Zepp said:
If Bruce Lee were alive today, he'd be governor of California.
LOL, hey anything is possible, at least he'd be better than Bush.

OP
K

Kevin Walker

Littledragon said:
LOL, hey anything is possible, at least he'd be better than Bush.
While I find it plausible that Bruce Lee might possibly perhaps maybe have headed towards politics in his later years, I can't even guess if he would be a liberal or a conservative; or a republican, green, independent, or democrat?

That would be a challenging guess.

OP
L

Littledragon

Kevin Walker said:
While I find it plausible that Bruce Lee might possibly perhaps maybe have headed towards politics in his later years, I can't even guess if he would be a liberal or a conservative; or a republican, green, independent, or democrat?

That would be a challenging guess.
With martial arts being his greatest passion I don't think he would have gone the path of any other career besides martial arts..

OP
K

Kevin Walker

Littledragon said:
With martial arts being his greatest passion I don't think he would have gone the path of any other career besides martial arts..
Don't forget that Bruce Lee was an actor to earn his bread & butter, he had already strayed from the path of martial arts. Not all his roles had martial arts themes.

And again, it is just sheer speculation what Bruce Lee would be doing today in his 60s, but my guess is that he might have considered politics.

OP
L

Littledragon

Kevin Walker said:
Don't forget that Bruce Lee was an actor to earn his bread & butter, he had already strayed from the path of martial arts. Not all his roles had martial arts themes.

And again, it is just sheer speculation what Bruce Lee would be doing today in his 60s, but my guess is that he might have considered politics.
All I can say is we will never know..

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Kevin Walker said:

Bruce Lee was an Actor Before he was a Martial Artist
His Father was an Actor as Well.
Bruce Was infact 6 years old when he started his film caree in 1946

OP
L

Littledragon

ace said:
Bruce Lee was an Actor Before he was a Martial Artist
His Father was an Actor as Well.
Bruce Was infact 6 years old when he started his film caree in 1946
The minute Bruce was born he was a martial artist, martial arts was in his blood, when you looked in to his eyes you know that he was created to be a martial artist and not anything else.

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Littledragon said:
The minute Bruce was born he was a martial artist, martial arts was in his blood, when you looked in to his eyes you know that he was created to be a martial artist and not anything else.
Bruce was a great MARTIAL ARTIST.
He was also a Cha Cha Dancing Champion,Xavier Boxing Team Member & Champion,A Farther , Son & Husband to Linda.

His Son Would Go on to Be an Actor Just Like He did taking
After his Father. His Daughter is also Acting these Day's.

If Bruce Were Alive to day He would do a Costar with
Either Jet or Jackie.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If Bruce Lee was in the movies today, I hope he'd play some old master, in a serious role, rather than like, an old cop, in a comedy style with Jackie Chan, and/or Chris Tucker. I don't think he would have been very funny. Then again, never met him. I hope he would have taken a Star Wars role. That would totally rule.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
ace said:
Bruce was a great MARTIAL ARTIST.
He was also a Cha Cha Dancing Champion, Xavier Boxing Team Member & Champion, A Father, Son & Husband to Linda.

His Son Would Go on to Be an Actor Just Like He did taking
After his Father. His Daughter is also Acting these Days.

If Bruce Were Alive to day He would do a Costar with
Either Jet or Jackie.
Thank you Ace for pointing that out. As he was definitely more than just a GOD OF MARTIAL ARTS! As many people want to make him out to be. Which he wasn't. IMO :asian:
I'd dare say he would even star in a Walker: Texas Ranger episode (or three). He really loved acting. It was fighting (MA) that helped him get into acting and breaking the "chop-chop", "ah-so", "Confucius say:..." and "our Chop Suey is velly good yes, velly good" stereotyped chinese roles. I would even go as far to speculate that he would've loved to do some NON-MA roles as well. He was doing them in Hong Kong Cinema before he came to the U.S. as evident from this list found here http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000045/

achilles

Green Belt
Reaction score
From a martial arts perspective, I think that Bruce Lee would have seriously looked into submission wrestling and perhaps BJJ to add a more complete ground grappling dimension to his JKD. I also think that the majority of his work would be more philosophically oriented.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
achilles said:
From a martial arts perspective, I think that Bruce Lee would have seriously looked into submission wrestling and perhaps BJJ to add a more complete ground grappling dimension to his JKD. I also think that the majority of his work would be more philosophically oriented.

Well yeah, considering his major in college was philosophy... it stands to reason.

OP
S

sifu nick

I think he would be considered one of the greatest teachers around. I think he would still be teaching and giving seminars.

OP
B

bassplayer

Re: Bruce Lee & grappling, I'd say that's very likely, given the couple books I've read by Larry Hartsell. He mentioned that Bruce was interested in pursuing grappling skills before he died. I bought Hartsell's JKD grappling book and it looks pretty good, I was pleasantly suprised that he even autographed it before sending it. I'll post the book names later if anyone's interested!

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
bassplayer, welcome to Martial Talk! Go ahead and post the book titles, as the more information we can put together, the better off the whole site can be. While your at it, why not give us a review, too?

It's great to have more knowledgeable JKD people here, so enjoy your stay, and happy posting!
icon7.gif

Dan Bowman
Martial Talk
-Moderator-

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
sifu nick said:
I think he would be considered one of the greatest teachers around. I think he would still be teaching and giving seminars.
Can you even imagine how much one of those seminars would cost? And how quick they would fill up as soon as they're announced? Geez!
Betcha he would've made a buncha vids though.

And with the Internet? ... whoo!

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
If he were alive...

It would be reasonable to assume he would have made more films, done some television shows, maybe had his own series. He likely would have gone into producing his own stuff.

JKD/Jun Fan would have grown even further under his and Inosanto's guidance.

He'd be over sixty.

Yeah...I think he'd probably be touted as one of the greats. His death, however, mythologized him. Living would have robbed him of that.

Regards,

Steve

Latest Discussions