brick breaking

Bret Hinds

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have seen a break done with a sudo strike on three bricks held out in the palm of the hand , the breaker will point to one brick middle ,front, back and strike the bricks and the brick that the breaker pointed to was the only brick broke. Does anyone have a idea as how it was done? the man that did this break has now passed away, i would love to learn this break. I also would like everyones input as to the best way to practise free standing brick breaks. I can brake with supported strikes on brick and un-supported boards but having a hard time with un-supported strike on bricks any ideas? All the best in the arts

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Unsupported anything in breaking is very tricky. You must find the right balance between speed and power. You just have to keep trying until you find the correct balance that works for you. Not real helpful but it's the best advise I can give you for something like this. Good luck!

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd reccomend that you speak with your instructor about a break like this. It would very hard to talk you through it over a forum. This needs to be a hands on visual discussion.

If your instructor has not done it, I'd ask her/him if they knew of someone who could help.

All the best!:asian:

OP
B

Bret Hinds

Green Belt
Reaction score
My instructor that did the break has passed away, I want to learn this break as a way of keep his skills alive in our school. All the best in the arts

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My instructor that did the break has passed away, I want to learn this break as a way of keep his skills alive in our school. All the best in the arts

Ah, I see. Carrying on a tradition like that is really neat. My instructor does an unsupported 2 brick break. I've only seen him do it on video. I stand amazed. Sadly, I don't have any helpful hints on how to do it, however.

Latest Discussions