Breathing in fast punches

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
definitely sped up, ior they filmed it at the wrong speed, it's one or the other,it looks like the keystone cops
I know 100% that clip is not sped up. I have the original 8 mm film and also the converted video on my computer. Most of the time, I like to slow down the video. I have never sped up any of my video.

Will you say this clip is also sped up?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Will you say this clip is also sped up?

hard to say, the resolution is so bad I can only see some moving dots, it's like watching an xray, have you anything filmed since the invention of high resolution video, you know the last 40 years or so

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
hard to say, the resolution is so bad I can only see some moving dots, it's like watching an xray, have you anything filmed since the invention of high resolution video, you know the last 40 years or so
This clip came from video camera (not copy from 8 mm film). Do you think it's a speed up?

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This clip came from video camera (not copy from 8 mm film). Do you think it's a speed up?

possibly not, what he is doing is a) quite fast and b) completely pointless , those are NOT punches and it didn't contain any jumps at all, which is what we were discussing

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
those are NOT punches and it didn't contain any jumps at all, which is what we were discussing
The purpose of 5 moves combo does not have to be 5 punches.

It can be:

- 5 re-blocks,
- 1 punch, 4 re-blocks.
- 2 punches, 3 re-blocks,
- 3 punches, 2 re-blocks,
- 4 punches, 1 re-blocks,
- 5 punches.

The jump is just a test to see if you can finish 5 moves before you land back down. You can do your 5 moves without jumping.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
May be the title of this thread is improper. The title should be "breathing in fast moves" instead.

IMO, the hand skill is more than just punch.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The purpose of 5 moves combo does not have to be 5 punches.

It can be:

- 5 re-blocks,
- 1 punch, 4 re-blocks.
- 2 punches, 3 re-blocks,
- 3 punches, 2 re-blocks,
- 4 punches, 1 re-blocks,
- 5 punches.

The jump is just a test to see if you can finish 5 moves before you land back down. You can do your 5 moves without jumping.
the VId is titled PUNCHES , but no punches were shown, just some weird jabbing motion w

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
the VId is titled PUNCHES , but no punches were shown, just some weird jabbing motion w
Does 5 punches combo make any sense?

When your opponent is on guard, your 1st move is to pull his guard away from his face. You need to create a clear punching path before you can throw your punch out.

Last edited:

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well then. have you ever considered fighting while sky-diving? Or in one of those vertical wind tunnels they use to train sky-diving? There are a few around here. A couple of my students went to one on Friday.

Haha that would be epic! XD

If you can jump from 10 feet away and punch your opponent's face while your body is still in the air, that can be a valuable skill.

If you can do Karate 'flying side kick", you should be able to figures out the "flying punch". It's the same principle, you jump up with leading foot, twist your body, and try to land with back foot. You then punch while your back foot hasn't landed yet.

Hehe I was joking, but yes that would be a cool skill to have for sure.