Breakdown of events of seminar

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Friday was with the childern and bruan went over nasic awareness and manuvers. Then he went along the lines of getting awat from possible adductionm followed by some very interesting ground work, that by itself was simple amazing. The parents loved what he was teaching and the student really had an elighting time with Brian..

Saturday is when all hell broke out, Brian started of slow with some basic self defense tactics which was great but then he got into the ground game and he does not fool around with it after 3 hours of laying all your wieght on someone we was completely wioped out. My bette half tried to pull my arm from the socket and the only person that washaving fun was Brian watching us try and kill each other, It is simply amazing the skill level Brian has he moves so quickly always in control with eas.

Sunday was stick and blade work and again he had us killing ourself for 4 hours he showed us some routines that I cannot remember the name of but he said it was pretty basic but took us TKD folks hours to barely learn it, again Brian is one fantastic instructor and he knife work is second to none that I personnally know myself.

If any of you ever have the opportunity to train with him do it will be the most fun you will ever have while getting your *** kicked.

Brian me and my students had the time of our life and we will have you back again and again.

Have pics but will try and download some tonight for all of you. Brian has video and I'm sure he will post some as well.

PS MY wife has found a new love for the stick and blade work so guess I'm looking for an instructor for the school to teach it.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you guys had a great time! I'm hoping Brian posts some vids.

PS MY wife has found a new love for the stick and blade work so guess I'm looking for an instructor for the school to teach it.

I visited Dallas/Ft. Worth last summer for a instructors seminar with Tuhon Leo Gaje and Maginoo Tim Waid. There are something like 10 certified instructors in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, all under Tim. I don't know that they teach publicly though, I think they do most of their work through privates. I'll admit I am completely biased, but Pekiti-Tirsia Kali is a very good system for bladework.

http://www.pt-go.com/training_instructors.asp

kuntawguro

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Brian is quite good at his stuff. Glad you were "entertained" or was it he who was entertained?
he he

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a fantastic time. Can't wait to see some photos or video. I hope I get to get my *** kicked by Brian this Summer some time. We are planning a family vacation back to Michigan and I want to stop by Alma for a good thrashing.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like a fantastic time. Can't wait to see some photos or video. I hope I get to get my *** kicked by Brian this Summer some time. We are planning a family vacation back to Michigan and I want to stop by Alma for a good thrashing.

Hey Scott, have missed you on the board in the last little while—good to see your post!

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like a great time was had by all!

Watch out when Latinas enjoy blades, Terry. There was this gal named Lorena one time that....Well, there may be kids on here, I won't tell that story here.:ultracool

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sounds like some good training. I look forward to finding my way to a seminar.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the write up Terry!! Sounds like a great time!!

Mike

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the write up Terry!! Sounds like a great time!!

Mike

It was Mike but I need about a good month just to get some of his basic stuff down and another twenty to fifty years to get like him. Oh yea and loose about a 100 pounds

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had an absolute blast down in Texas. Terry and Yolanda are wonderful hosts and their Training Hall is filled with spirited students who are interested in learning and training hard.
icon14.gif

At some point I will get some video together and post it up on youtube.

Latest Discussions