brain dead

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I’ll start this one

Today I went out my apartment front door to check the mail and locked myself out. I had to go around the house to the bedroom window and break in. I grabbed some stuff in the living room that needed to go down stairs and went out that same door, once again locking myself out. About a half hour after getting back in I went out to the car through the side door and got to the car with no keys in my hand. YEP. I had locked myself out once again. So I can safely say my brain is dead today.

Anyone else care to fess up on their dump moves?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I’ll start this one

Today I went out my apartment front door to check the mail and locked myself out. I had to go around the house to the bedroom window and break in. I grabbed some stuff in the living room that needed to go down stairs and went out that same door, once again locking myself out. About a half hour after getting back in I went out to the car through the side door and got to the car with no keys in my hand. YEP. I had locked myself out once again. So I can safely say my brain is dead today.

Been there done that too many times.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Nope not me never made em

I never had to break the window of my garage to get the spare key to get into my house and I never had to mess-up my sliding glass door to get back in and I never had to break a window to get in my back door and I never EVER stood in a parking lot for 10 minutes trying to get into my car and not understanding why the key didn't work only to realize I was at the wrong car and I never had to climb up to the second story balcony to get into a friends apartment just to get back in either :D

Topeng

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I had one of those moments just the other day. They seem to be getting more frequent the older I get too.
I was running late for work and walking all over the house looking for my car keys. It was one of those moments where you are walking around fast and merely glancing at spots instead of actually looking for something. I finally came to realize that the keys were in my hand the whole time. Should have called in sick that day.

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
been there done that before

I also wonder if age is catching up with me. Hell it is a good excuse anyway LOL

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I left my belt at home yesterday and didn't have time to run home and get it before class started. OUCH! How embarrassing!!!!

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I've locked myself out so many times I had to learn how pick locks just to function!

I always keep a spare truck key in my wallet, as well.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The closest I've gotten to this sort of Embarassment Maximal Blush Mode was a very long time ago. I don't know if it qualifies really but it's a good story anyway.

I had a Mk I Ford Capri in burgundy with metallic wine side panels, a pretty distinctive car around where I lived. My friends and myself went out to a local pub and I offered to drive (back in those days there wasn't the drink-drive facism there is now, as long as your were sensible it was not even considered a problem).

We spent a pleasant three or four hours chatting and playing darts before we came back out onto the pub carpark, via a different door, went over to the burgundy with wine metallic panels Mk I Capri, got in, started it up and began to drive off.

I don't know to this day what clued me in at first but as I stopped at the car park exit to check the road was clear it hit me out of the blue that this wasn't my car!

Cue a mad scramble to put it back where we got it from, lock it back up, find the Mk I Capri that was actually mine and leg it :lol:. To my shame I didn't go into the pub to find the owner and confess my mistake - I was 18 and still more inclined to avoid embarassment than fulfil my social duty :eek:.

Latest Discussions