Boxing/MMA Gym Disses Traditional Martial Arts

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Like chicken soup?

Not as good as chicken soup. But then, there's not many things I can think of that are as fine as a good chicken soup. I'm making one tomorrow, maybe even tonight.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just make sure you don’t start putting spam on pizza

You had to do it didn't you!

monty-python-spam.jpg

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
thinking I'd get some decent feedback.
My experience is that it's better to post from the perspective of sharing knowledge or expanding knowledge by asking questions, than to post simply because you think you will get good feedback. Posting and expecting good feedback will almost always backfire on you at some point regardless of where you are. I know I would be really depressed had I posted my videos here with the intent of getting good feedback.

People are going to have their own perspective of things. That perspective usually doesn't change unless you can show that the results can be repeated or demonstrated in light to hard sparring. Even then, there will be people who have their doubts about the technique.

I also agree with Tony (below). Regardless of what a person train, after a person reaches a certain level of fighting knowledge, they should be able to recognize what's being shown even if it's being demonstrated from the perspective of "application theory." That person should be able to see working concepts similar to what they may use in the system that they train.

Honestly, if your MMA coach can't recognize what's being shown here then I'd be somewhat suspicious of how well he even understands MMA.

For example, there are multiple ways to slip a jab and to counter with punches. Different slips allow different types of counters. I always like showing Mike Tyson because alot of what he did are either the same concepts or similar concepts that are found in Traditional Martial Arts punching and footwork.