Bouncer cleared of assault

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
So I got sent this story from where I used to live, a drunk guy was giving a bouncer abuse and trying to hit and spit on him so the bouncer (who's a judo black belt) used a leg sweep on the guy and he hit his head. It also says on the article he's a mixed martial artist.

The case went to caught but the guy got off on self defence which is absolutely the right call but thought I'd share for discussion. Here's a couple articles about it.

Doorman 'not guilty' of assaulting clubber at Jersey nightspot « Jersey Evening Post

Clubber threatened to bite doorman, court told « Jersey Evening Post

Clubber ‘smashed head after doorman’s attack’ « Jersey Evening Post

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bergerac would never have arrested him.....

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I had a mate of mine do 2 years for a similar incident. Make sure you say the right things in court.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Interesting how the wording and tone of those stories changes as they progress.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had a mate of mine do 2 years for a similar incident. Make sure you say the right things in court.
All bouncers should have body cams like police do so they can see exactly how it goes down

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All bouncers should have body cams like police do so they can see exactly how it goes down
I had the original version of body cams available.

It was called... the other five guys I worked with.

It was also called, maintaining a good, respectful and attentive tone witht he customers. When some idiot gets out of line, the regulars will not only almost always try to help in some way, they will always tell the cops who the "wrong-doer" was, and that is the best thing to have, ever.

Latest Discussions