Born Again American! A MUST SEE Video!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What seems to be a grass-roots movement to take our country back and make the changes that have been promised us. Give it a listen to the video/song... It's powerful because it's honest.
http://www.bornagainamerican.org/index.html

I placed this here in the Study because I think the idea merits discussion and ideas.
Would this be a catalyst to make the changes happen as they need be? That enough people get together and shout out to make their voices heard by their government that a change could be made?
I ended up crying by the time the video/song was finished.
Felt like that song should be our new national anthem... truncated of course...

What do you think?

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I placed this here in the Study because I think the idea merits discussion and ideas.
Would this be a catalyst to make the changes happen as they need be?

I doubt it. It's a warm fuzzy pop song, and it doesn't make any specific statements or call for any particular action. You can't harness motivation without any sense of direction, and this song is pure sentimentality.

That enough people get together and shout out to make their voices heard by their government that a change could be made?
Not just as a result of this song or this website. It offers no call to action, other than a vague "register to vote and volunteer in your community." Noble sentiments to be sure, but what kind of opinion or mandate is a politician supposed to read from that?

What do you think?
I think the sentiment is admirable, and could be a useful building block for a more specific philosophy or initiative. But other than boosting sales of handkerchiefs, I don't see any pragmatic merit in the song itself. :wink2:

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Not just as a result of this song or this website. It offers no call to action, other than a vague "register to vote and volunteer in your community." Noble sentiments to be sure, but what kind of opinion or mandate is a politician supposed to read from that?
Politicians aren't supposed to read from that... WE (the people) are.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That song hates free trade!
If free trade takes jobs and ships them overseas then I hate it too.

It's never made any sense to me to take American wood like oak, pine, maple and ship it 10,000 miles to a country where they'll make furniture with it and ship it back 10,000 miles to here and sell it... oh sure the labor is cheap... I reckon it's what we pay for.

I say abolish the Federal Reserve and let the Government make it's own money and we just MIGHT be better off not having to continually borrow AT INTEREST to pay off the interest that we borrowed at interest to fight wars on money that was borrowed.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's never made any sense to me to take American wood like oak, pine, maple and ship it 10,000 miles to a country where they'll make furniture with it and ship it back 10,000 miles to here and sell it... oh sure the labor is cheap... I reckon it's what we pay for.
It busts them lazy commie unions, therefore it's awesome.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
What seems to be a grass-roots movement to take our country back and make the changes that have been promised us. Give it a listen to the video/song... It's powerful because it's honest.
http://www.bornagainamerican.org/index.html

Would this be a catalyst to make the changes happen as they need be? That enough people get together and shout out to make their voices heard by their government that a change could be made?
I ended up crying by the time the video/song was finished.
Felt like that song should be our new national anthem... truncated of course...

What do you think?
I feel since you placed this in the study, that I should be bashing it or politicizing it. But, no, I will take it as I feel you are intending it for. It felt good seeing a wide group of Americans coming together in one voice touting the values, concerns, and traditions our country was founded on, with the blood, sweat and tears of years passed. :asian:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The problem with the song is that all of it's ideas are stuck inside the typical Left/Right American political screed. NOTHING will change until everyone wants to pull back the curtain and see the problem for what it really is. On the other hand, I think that this song shows that people are ready to do that. They just need to take the next step...

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What do YOU see as the next step?

People need to learn where their money comes from and who really makes it. They need to learn how the system controls them and how the people who make it control everything with the system. Then we need to find these guys root out all of their tendrils of influence and design a new monetary system that isn't parasitic and oppressive. Almost all of our major economic woes can be traced back to this. From budget deficits, to health care, to education, to crime...you name it. No reform will work under the umbrella of this system because the very nature of how we represent value and trade it is designed to transfer value into the hands of the few. All systems will crumble under that kind of pressure and every aspect of society will be ensnared in a web of debt.

It's a big step and a bitter pill to swallow for many, but that's the truth. The system is designed to reduce you to virtual slaves.

Since this thread is about music, check out this website.

http://www.sons-of-liberty.net/

The lead singer of Iced Earth woke up about nine months ago and wondered what the hell he could do about all of this. So he started a new band called the Sons of Liberty and released a new album FOR FREE in order to get the message out.

The website has all of the links you need in order to learn what I'm talking about and about what the music is about. I highly suggest you check it out. The tunes are awesome and the advice offered on the website is salient.

1. Remain objective and trust your gut instinct.

2. Embrace the truth, regardless of how disturbing it may be.

3. Assemble, coordinate, and get involved!

Check it out and wake up already.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Which is still rather vague... :idunno:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK... so you wanna replace the monetary system. Since the economy is pretty well interrelated globally now, and one country's economy effects another's -- how do you make the change over without creating unimaginable chaos?

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
People need to learn where their money comes from and who really makes it. They need to learn how the system controls them and how the people who make it control everything with the system. Then we need to find these guys root out all of their tendrils of influence and design a new monetary system that isn't parasitic and oppressive. Almost all of our major economic woes can be traced back to this. From budget deficits, to health care, to education, to crime...you name it. No reform will work under the umbrella of this system because the very nature of how we represent value and trade it is designed to transfer value into the hands of the few. All systems will crumble under that kind of pressure and every aspect of society will be ensnared in a web of debt.

It's a big step and a bitter pill to swallow for many, but that's the truth. The system is designed to reduce you to virtual slaves.
You can't remove powerful people from the equation. Every time this has been tried, it fails because another power hungry person emerges. You get a slightly different structure with the same result.

This isn't a one sided kinda issue either. Sure saying stuff like vote incumbents out is cute, but to restructure this system on the scale that is consistently advocated in the study under the guise of "waking up", you'd also have to dismantle every single corporation on the planet along with the governments.

Then once you're living free and clear (how this is accomplished with a handful of laws and no infrastructure is iffy) in your cave, are you really better off? Not really.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OK... so you wanna replace the monetary system. Since the economy is pretty well interrelated globally now, and one country's economy effects another's -- how do you make the change over without creating unimaginable chaos?

Why would it have to cause chaos? It's all just paper anyways. The problem is that our money is created from debt and that our Constitutional government has almost no control over the process. As it stands, as the Founding Fathers correctly pointed out, we are looking at a process that will transfer all of our wealth into the hands of the few. So, even if the process was chaotic at first, wouldn't it be a fair price if we can maintain some semblance of freedom?

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You can't remove powerful people from the equation. Every time this has been tried, it fails because another power hungry person emerges. You get a slightly different structure with the same result.

This isn't a one sided kinda issue either. Sure saying stuff like vote incumbents out is cute, but to restructure this system on the scale that is consistently advocated in the study under the guise of "waking up", you'd also have to dismantle every single corporation on the planet along with the governments.

Then once you're living free and clear (how this is accomplished with a handful of laws and no infrastructure is iffy) in your cave, are you really better off? Not really.

Look, you need to get a clearer idea of what is being discussed because you've got several huge misconceptions flying around in this post that are going to be major stumbling block for you understanding any of this. Check out the link I posted above. There are several documentaries, about a dozen books, and a multitude of websites for you to take a look at and learn so more.

We have a perfectly good system, you know, a system that was designed to limit the influence of individuals or small groups over the mass as a whole. The bottom line is that right now we have an entrenched global oligarchy that is openly stealing our wealth and our freedoms through stealth, violence, and obfuscation.

When you get a clear picture of what's going on, you'll get a clear picture of where this is going.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
We have a perfectly good system, you know, a system that was designed to limit the influence of individuals or small groups over the mass as a whole. The bottom line is that right now we have an entrenched global oligarchy that is openly stealing our wealth and our freedoms through stealth, violence, and obfuscation.

When you get a clear picture of what's going on, you'll get a clear picture of where this is going.
No. I see what's going on here quite well.

http://world.std.com/~mhuben/faq.html

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
No. I see what's going on here quite well.

http://world.std.com/~mhuben/faq.html

This isn't about libertarianism. Ideology is a clever trap. This is about YOU. You and all of your progeny are being enslaved by an entrenched oligarchy. Do you understand? Do yourself a favor and do 24 hours of research on the subject. Watch a couple of movies. Order one of the books off of Amazon. Yes, some of these guys have an ideological bias, and that only reflects the limitation of their minds...just as all our biases reflect the limitations of our minds.

And then there are things that simply are happening. You have to learn about these things and decide how you are going to deal with that.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
You can't remove powerful people from the equation.

...happens all the time through-out the history of man.

In regards to more recent history, we did it over 200 years ago and the Founders thought they had set up a pretty good way of helping to prevent it from happening yet again with the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. They realized that government attracts the power hungry and expected "us" to help keep that in check.

However, we got lazy and let control slip away... and once, when we tried to sieze it back, we had a great bloody war over it... and it continues to slip away.

It may take more blood, and more wars... but history often repeats itself. Perhaps not in your lifetime...but it will happen again as long as nothing changes.

Anyway...

I signed up simply because this is where the focus should of our government should be right now, and sadly isn't. That's enough to tell you that you don't matter to them. Only special interests matter.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
This isn't about libertarianism. Ideology is a clever trap. This is about YOU. You and all of your progeny are being enslaved by an entrenched oligarchy. Do you understand?
I don't believe you accurately see where this oligarchy starts and ends. How long it's been in place, or the results of dispelling it.

Latest Discussions