Books

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you was only allowed one book to best describe TKD which one and why that particular book?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Encyclopedia of TaeKwon-Do, by Gen. Choi, Hong Hi - because it is the "bible" for Ch'ang H'on TKD. All the other reference books I have build on it - so while parts of it are outdated, and there are some interesting typos and disagreements between the pictures and text, it's the best overall text to start with. For practitioners of other kwans, it probably wouldn't be appropriate.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I imagine the answer would depend on the type of TKD you do. ITF-infuenced people would choose Choi's book. Others may pick the WTF Taekwondo Textbook. I personally would pick an older book like S. Henry Cho's book Secrets of Tae Kwon Do.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I might pick one of S. Henry Cho's books as well. It's old school, solid TKD. I think the name is Free Fighting: but I'm not sure.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Encyclopedia of TaeKwon-Do, by Gen. Choi, Hong Hi - because it is the "bible" for Ch'ang H'on TKD.

Beat me to it.

I might also reccommend Taekwondo by Marc Tedeschi. That thing is packed with information.