Board Breaking...I think

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This sucks, here is a guy attempting a board break for a demo and just can't get it right.

7sm

Last edited by a moderator:

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Looks like the ol' swap the demo wood for reinforced MDF trick to me. ;)

Seriously though, how much of a twerp would you feel... Poor bloke.

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Oooo, thats bad! We all know "boards don't hit back" but they do still posess the ability to make a rather humiliating victory!

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's hilarious! ... and rather embarrasing. I gotta reiterate what Flying Crane said, why do people post videos like that? Although, the poor guy may not know whoever videotaped it put it on youtube. :shrug:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Jade Tigress said:
Although, the poor guy may not know whoever videotaped it put it on youtube. :shrug:

Good point. I'm just waiting for a video of me to show up from some tournament I was at. Then everyone gets to pick me apart...

OP
7starmantis

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Heh, yeah thats true. It looks like he just didn't really know what he was doing. Could have just been one of those days, but man that would be embarrasing. It looked like there wre alot of people at the demo too.

7sm

yipman_sifu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Inch punch it is called. He is pushed after the punch. How the hell he learned Wing Chun. You should not be repelled back if you perform the punch in a relaxed manner. Now that's wrong. I saw a vid where GM Leung Ting break the same wood using his finger thrust techniques. Amazing!.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
yipman_sifu said:
Inch punch it is called. He is pushed after the punch. How the hell he learned Wing Chun. You should not be repelled back if you perform the punch in a relaxed manner. Now that's wrong. I saw a vid where GM Leung Ting break the same wood using his finger thrust techniques. Amazing!.
care to share the vid?