black belt purchase

ahmad abou taleb

White Belt
Reaction score
My friend is a brown belt in Kyokushin karate ! he asked me if he can buy from a reliable website a premium black belt (isami) which is approved by the IKO1(international karate organization). ?? any idea guys ??

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has he been awarded his black belt by his instructor? After you have graded you are given your belt so I can't see why he would want to buy a black one when he's a brown belt.

OP
ahmad abou taleb

ahmad abou taleb

White Belt
Reaction score
Has he been awarded his black belt by his instructor? After you have graded you are given your belt so I can't see why he would want to buy a black one when he's a brown belt.
he's a brown belt for more than 3 years ! he deserve to get his own black belt! to add the coach where we train buy it for 300$ he said that the black belt is an premuim belt and like that ! it's to expensive !! so that's why he need to buy one from the internet!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he's a brown belt for more than 3 years ! he deserve to get his own black belt! to add the coach where we train buy it for 300$ he said that the black belt is an premuim belt and like that ! it's to expensive !! so that's why he need to buy one from the internet!

Three years sounds about right before he grades for black. Are you saying he hasn't graded but wants to buy a belt and wear it anyway or that he has graded but can't afford a belt?

OP
ahmad abou taleb

ahmad abou taleb

White Belt
Reaction score
Three years sounds about right before he grades for black. Are you saying he hasn't graded but wants to buy a belt and wear it anyway or that he has graded but can't afford a belt?
what i mean! he deserves to get his black belt, but the instructor doesn't want to award the belt to my friend until he pay !! that's why he want to buy a belt

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
what i mean! he deserves to get his black belt, but the instructor doesn't want to award the belt to my friend until he pay !! that's why he want to buy a belt
So he's been informed that he can grade, but hasn't because he can't afford the test/belt? Is the instructor aware that's why he refused testing...if he is he might try to work with him price-wise

OP
ahmad abou taleb

ahmad abou taleb

White Belt
Reaction score
So he's been informed that he can grade, but hasn't because he can't afford the test/belt? Is the instructor aware that's why he refused testing...if he is he might try to work with him price-wise
exactly sir! now u understand what I meant! 300$ to him isn't an affordable price,it's too expensive! so we can talk with the coach and informe him that JOE will do the exam and don't want to buy the belt ! and we'll buy it from any site! the exam is for free ! but the belt what cost 300$

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
exactly sir! now u understand what I meant! 300$ to him isn't an affordable price,it's too expensive! so we can talk with the coach and informe him that JOE will do the exam and don't want to buy the belt ! and we'll buy it from any site! the exam is for free ! but the belt what cost 300$
That's very odd, normally the exam is what would cost money.

OP
ahmad abou taleb

ahmad abou taleb

White Belt
Reaction score
That's very odd, normally the exam is what would cost money.
yes!! i know but the coach is the referee who give grades in test so he don't pay fees to do the test! but he say that he buy belts from japan ! but he ordered them pnline and w e all knew that!! most of the time he refuse to go and test for a black belt if u haven't pay the 300$ !! so we just want to know from where he buy the belts!

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Universal rule..if you need to ask something shady on a web forum, send a "friend"...

OP
ahmad abou taleb

ahmad abou taleb

White Belt
Reaction score
Universal rule..if you need to ask something shady on a web forum, send a "friend"...
excuse me ???? i'm not a liar ! and u should talk to me in a respectful way! you can go and check my facebook !! thanks to god i'm not waiting you to tell me either i'm a black belt or not,i'm already a black belt for more than 2 years now! anyway thank you for your reply ! i respect what u said,this is your oppinion ! but for next time when u wanna be smart like that,just remember any adidas or sport outlet have a lot of black belts ! and u can order from the internet from millions of site !! and as a kyokushin black belt u can anything you wnt from ichigeki site!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes!! i know but the coach is the referee who give grades in test so he don't pay fees to do the test! but he say that he buy belts from japan ! but he ordered them pnline and w e all knew that!! most of the time he refuse to go and test for a black belt if u haven't pay the 300$ !! so we just want to know from where he buy the belts!
If that's how the organization operates, saying, "I can buy the belt elsewhere" is unlikely to get the person testing him to approve the grading.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know a guy I will have an ask.

His response.

"Isami or martial world we normally use mate, not sure how much all the embroidery would cost but?"

Last edited:

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
No he can't buy it....if he's not awarded it then he's nothing but a fake black belt. You buy a belt whatever reason you give it's not legit. If the instructor doesn't award it then it's not real

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No he can't buy it....if he's not awarded it then he's nothing but a fake black belt. You buy a belt whatever reason you give it's not legit. If the instructor doesn't award it then it's not real
he can buy it. I could lso tape 10 red stripes on my black belt. My instructor just wouldn't recognize it.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Only time buying a black belt is okay is when you're already a black belt and your belt is falling apart.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Unfair. The poster obviously doesn't speak English as his first language and is having problems explaining what the problem is. I don't think it's dodgy as such just very confused, things in the Middle East even martial arts, are often done very differently. The UK government has issued a warning not to travel to Lebanon because it's dangerous, it's likely the unrest there also makes things very different from other places.

Latest Discussions