black belt grading in 1 hour

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolKempoDude
do you come up with your own certificates? can we see a sample ????

:D

Well, if I get one I'll scan it! Dave's taken the basic club one, and he's added a graphic for the belt obtained, and then a Univeral Pattern watermark, but I've not seen one of those yet. It'll be an adaptation of the one attached below.

I was hoping to get something as nice as the Ed Parker Jnr. ones sorted out, but the time and money hasn't been there to be honest.

Ian.

Attachments

• $cert.png
    $cert.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 221
C

CoolKempoDude

satans.barber,

if you have a new FINAL version of your bb certificate, please share with us here.

Your judgement day is comming. Don't forget to tell us about your bb this week
thanks.

P

pknox

Excellent. Hope you find out soon! BTW, which one's you, Ian?

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Back row, 3rd from the left (the one who's a lovely shade of 'i've just been sick' white! lol!)

Ian.

P

pknox

Originally posted by satans.barber
Back row, 3rd from the left (the one who's a lovely shade of 'i've just been sick' white! lol!)

Ian.

:D Good luck!

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have now come into the knowledge that of the five of us, some of us have passed, and some of us have failed.

I don't yet know which group I fall into :cuss:

Ian.

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
How nerve wracking!!!! Do you have thoughts on anyone who might have failed? We pretty much knew on our test the one guy who wasn't up to speed obviously..........but the rest of us who *thought* we did okay just had to wait and see!!!!

:asian: :karate:

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes I do, I have a feeling that it's me, and for all the wrong reasons.

I'll find out a result tommorrow at 6.30, because I have to be told to my face (an e-mail plea has failed thus far).

I shall post a result (and possibly a lengthy diatribe depending on the outcome) tommorrow.

Depending on what I'm told and reasons given, I can see me leaving my current organisation this week under certain circumstances.

Ian.

K

Kenpomachine

Ian, cheer up a bit. No matter what the outcome, it has been a fruitful experience for you. Having to train on your own and teaching everybody at your school.

And hey, maybe you don't need to wait for the result of the test to think about leaving your organization. It feels as if the black belt test was the drop that flooded the glass (don't know if you have that expression in english).

Now, SMILE :)

:asian:
Lucía

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by satans.barber
Yes I do, I have a feeling that it's me, and for all the wrong reasons.

I'll find out a result tommorrow at 6.30, because I have to be told to my face (an e-mail plea has failed thus far).

I shall post a result (and possibly a lengthy diatribe depending on the outcome) tommorrow.

Depending on what I'm told and reasons given, I can see me leaving my current organisation this week under certain circumstances.

Ian.
I take it there's much much more to this than just the test and waiting for results?
If you've come this far in your organization/art then there must be some good to it.
Are things really that serious?

Hope things go well for you, no matter what.
Your Brother
John

K

kkbb

Have patience my friend. Your Seniors are (still) testing you and everyone else that tested. If I was on the panel, and I started recieving calls and inquiries about the candidates I would deny all involved their promotions. Patience is something we severely lack these days. You have been training for about five years (I'm assuming) so what's another week or two? I would at this time already have assumed my promotion (in my mind) and felt very confident in my abilities. No body "fails" a promoition, they are just asked to come back again when they are "more" ready!
The best advice I ever had for testing came from my instructor when he said "Prepare yourself for a really bad day"

As the saying goes "Good things come to those that wait"
Good luck! I am conifdent you will do fine because you have the right attitude!

kkbb

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
After all thay worrying, I've passed.

In fact, everyone passed, some of us didn't fail as I stated yesterday, but, what else could I conclude from:

Dear all,

I have spoken to Phil who has informed me of the results. There is some good news, some bad news. I'll let you all know on Monday.
Sorry for not telling you now but it's easier to tell people face to face.

Dave

...followed by digital silence?

So, I guess the show's not over till the fat lady sings. I should learn a life lesson from this, shouldn't I?

It felt very odd receiving a new belt, it's a loooong time since I've done the ceremony! Hehe. Over 3 years since I made 1st kyu, and approaching 7 years since I began in the art, so it's been a long haul; but ultimately worth it.

I realise that many people leave an art upon reaching black belt, in fact, some people positively advocate it, but I don't now have any plans to, there's plenty more to learn yet :)

Thankyou very much for everyone's support, it's nice having people to talk to about these sorts of things,

Ian.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Congratulations!!!!

:partyon:

- Ceicei

:cheers:

K

kkbb

Feels awesome doesn't it!
(It seems you also learned a life lesson)
:asian:

Latest Discussions