Cost of a black belt grading

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Many of the kenpo schools near me have no testing fees. Many require that you buy your belt tho after advancing.

K

Kenpomachine

Originally posted by satans.barber
Having said that, I received an e-mail last night suggesting that the club might have to shut down soon anyway, because a lot of people are thinking of leaving (presumably because they're not happy now that the instructor's gone). So I might never get to do my black belt anyway.

Ian, those people have had five months to leave already and haven't done it. That should say you something... Don't believe everything you read!

Keep up working, even if you three have to star another kenpo club anew.

Lucía

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dan, I know you didn't say it would "fix" stuff, no problem brudda. I did not mean to challenge, but more to offer more concrete help if possible, or if not, at least some support in that he does not have to be a Black Belt to make it work.

I do agree that students expect a black belt in front of the class, and the public, in general, cannot distinguish degrees of black, much less who is actually good or poor. And even worse, how do they compare across systems. You are right in that the work has gone into it, and I know you were just being supportive and encouraging. Same for me, but wanted to look at more of the problem.

Sorry for taking this off track so far. Maybe a new thread to help support him in this situation, with questions and answers or suggestions would be helpful. If not, that is ok too.

Have a good Memorial Day yall. No Work!!!!!

Oss!

Latest Discussions