new kenpo student

R

Richard S.

after a depressing hiatus from active training my friend bdparsons has accepted me as a student in the IKCA kenpo system. since i had a run of bad luck i had just about given up on the MA's but he has given me renewed hope which i appreciate enormously.......i'd also be gratefull for any suggestions or comments from my peers..............respects

OP
J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by Richard S.
after a depressing hiatus from active training my friend bdparsons has accepted me as a student in the IKCA kenpo system. since i had a run of bad luck i had just about given up on the MA's but he has given me renewed hope which i appreciate enormously.......i'd also be gratefull for any suggestions or comments from my peers..............respects

That sounds like a great story! I could use some of that "hope giving" now too! :(

OP
K

Kenpomachine

Originally posted by jeffkyle
That sounds like a great story! I could use some of that "hope giving" now too! :(

Aren't you feeling alright with your kenpo now?

I have been kinda feeling in and out for a year now. Some days I felt great, and some others quite bad. My instructors said I should stop thinking about it and begin enjoying kenpo again. Like in give me a break, man!!

What works for me is to forget for a while about concepts, to stop asking myself why I am not advancing enough (that seems to be only my perception), and just bang!!

OP
J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by Kenpomachine
Aren't you feeling alright with your kenpo now?

I have been kinda feeling in and out for a year now. Some days I felt great, and some others quite bad. My instructors said I should stop thinking about it and begin enjoying kenpo again. Like in give me a break, man!!

What works for me is to forget for a while about concepts, to stop asking myself why I am not advancing enough (that seems to be only my perception), and just bang!!

Long story......:(

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ok, i'll bite....who's Ricardo?

Don't worry about him. He is just a heckler that shows up here and there.:rofl:

OP
R

RCastillo

ok, i'll bite....who's Ricardo?

The "new self appointed ambassador" of kenpo!:asian:

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Don't worry about him. He is just a heckler that shows up here and there.:rofl:

No, I'm fully endorsed by the Goldendragon.":mad:

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by RCastillo
No, I'm fully endorsed by the Goldendragon.":mad:
You could be.......

The problem, as I see it, is too many people (myslef included at times) get too wrapped up in trying to cram material and worrying about promotions and forget to have fun. Have fun with your training, laugh, smile. It makes a difference.

OP
R

Richard S.

not yet, im waiting on a uniform. believe me i feel like a kid at christmas......thanks..............respects.

Latest Discussions