• $blanks_leads_exercise.jpg
    $blanks_leads_exercise.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 200

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good to see him over there, helping in ways that can make a difference.

Yes, I've ridiculed his "Tae Bo" videos in the past, but for these efforts, all I can do is commend him.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good to see him over there, helping in ways that can make a difference.

Yes, I've ridiculed his "Tae Bo" videos in the past, but for these efforts, all I can do is commend him.

I would agree with your statement I to have ridiculed him for those video's but thumbs up for his efforts to help out

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh I can admit I have been BIG in ridiculing him but I applaud him for this.

The man is in great physical shape, he teaches and motivates others to get in and/or stay in great shape. He's a good guy that never has anything bad tosay about others (at least I've never heard him talk trash).

Yes, he doe's make money doing this but I'm not so sure that's a bad thing. Why would you ridicule this man? Seems to me we need more like him.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kudo's to Billy. I believe his tapes are soley exercised focused. I don't think he's ever claimed it teaches self-defense? Could be wrong but I've never seen it. Anyway, I have respect for him knowing that he is dyslexic and has overcome learning and coordination difficulties to train successfully in TKD. It's an inspiration for me because of my son's neurological and coordination difficulties.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The man is in great physical shape, he teaches and motivates others to get in and/or stay in great shape. He's a good guy that never has anything bad tosay about others (at least I've never heard him talk trash).

Yes, he doe's make money doing this but I'm not so sure that's a bad thing. Why would you ridicule this man? Seems to me we need more like him.

Sorry, did not mean to offend and I did say him, but I actually meant Taebo.

Again Sorry.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Again Sorry.

I understood. It is the general consensus most people have about Tae Bo. It's actually is an effective form of excercise even though it's cheesy. But that's all it is. Exercise. Pure and simple.

joeygil

Green Belt
Reaction score
Kudos to Billy. He seems to be a pretty down to Earth guy. At least once a quarter, he teaches the Tae Bo class at the campus gym here at UCLA.

Anyways, as far as excercise regiments go, Tae Bo has got to be cooler than "Jazzercise" and maybe more effective in a fight!

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Again Sorry.

I understand. I think I'm just a little sensitive and overprotective of a friend. I think the criticism he gets bothers me more than it bothers him.

OP
HKphooey

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had the pleasure to meet him before all the Tae-Bo stuff. He was a great fighter and a great person. It is nice to see stars put their money were ther mouths are and support the troops.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've always thought of TaeBo as a good thing within itself. It's a great way to get in shape. Any resembalance to MA is purely a coincidence. I don't think he pretends it is, either.

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Tae Bo has always been marketed as excercise, and never as a self defence course, you know what it is actually a great cardio and basic strength work out as well as flexibilty, so it covers the big 3. He is obviously a man who has seen a need in the market and taken strides to fill it (the wonders of Capitalism). I also say bravo Billy, he deserves all the success he has atained.

Latest Discussions