Big Nick's Black Belt Grading....

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hope you will all join me in wishing Nick luck with his up coming TKD BB test this Saturday!

Give em hell Nick!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck!!!! :asian:

Please let us know how it went!!

Mike

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow, big event! So, that's why I haven't "seen" you much lately...I forgot you said December but that seems so long ago! Give it all you got. Make sure you bring a couple of carbo bars to eat an hour before and water. And also, don't stay on Martialtalk all night...get some sleep! haha.. Wish you the best and have a great day too... its one you will always remember. Oh, and have somebody take pics! TW

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best of luck in your gradeing.
Be sure to let us know what happens and how you felt it went

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
wow...This saturday....

Crap, I knew something was going on...thanks for reminding me...

Thanks everybody...I've found that just as when grieving there are stages you go through when getting ready for something like this:

• Denial - There is no way I am testing...I can just ignore it.
  • Anger - Ok, not sure how this one fits in, but whatever.
  • Bargaining - I promise I'll work harder than I ever have after the test if I can just pass
  • Depression - I'm gonna fail, I know it, I'm not good enough, not prepared enough...and never will be...
  • Acceptance - Alright, let's do it...whatever happens, happens...I'm ready to rock
I hit "acceptance" sometime last week so things are going smooth now. Thanks again everybody, thanks Sarah, for remembering...

I won't really know if I pass or fail until a little while after and if I do pass I won't recieve my belt until January 29, so I'll keep everyone posted..

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bignick said:
  • Denial - There is no way I am testing...I can just ignore it.
  • Anger - Ok, not sure how this one fits in, but whatever.
  • Bargaining - I promise I'll work harder than I ever have after the test if I can just pass
  • Depression - I'm gonna fail, I know it, I'm not good enough, not prepared enough...and never will be...
  • Acceptance - Alright, let's do it...whatever happens, happens...I'm ready to rock

LOL, Big Nick... Yes Kubler-Ross' five stages of death and dying comes in handy in all sorts of aspects of our lives. Glad you never gave up and reached the final stage, many don't and end up giving up what they have worked so hard to attain. Again, good luck to you and knock em dead, or break a leg, or... well you know :D

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
Good luck and remember that this is not the end it is just the beginning

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Again, thanks...and just so everyone knows....

I found out that Sarah will be testing for green belt on saturday as well, may not be as "big" of a step, but still just as important...good luck to you Sarah...

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Take a deep breathe and
18_2_104.gif
and remember we all
f_05blow_kiss.gif
you!!!

- Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
bignick said:
I found out that Sarah will be testing for green belt on saturday as well, may not be as "big" of a step, but still just as important...good luck to you Sarah...
Sarah!!!!
ta_clap.gif
Go, go, go!!! You can do it!!!

- Ceicei

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bignick, in honor of the occasion, I think we of the Minnesota contingent, Baytor, Auxprix and me should come to your test and cheer you on. Or, maybe not...the master would probably throw us out.

Go Sarah, you will do well, have a great day! TW

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
Bignick, in honor of the occasion, I think we of the Minnesota contingent, Baytor, Auxprix and me should come to your test and cheer you on. Or, maybe not...the master would probably throw us out.

Go Sarah, you will do well, have a great day! TW
Yes, that would be cool. However, the test is closed to the public. That's the reason why I won't get my belt until January 29th. Since the test is closed to the public we have a get together where all the people that tested put on a demo and recieve our promotions. It also gives the students that may have missed a break or something a chance to retest. Also, we have quite a few schools scattered throughout the midwest and we have black belt tests twice a year. So we use them as a "reunion" of sorts and usually have a dinner and dance or get together afterwards.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe we should have named this a good luck thread :) .

Good luck Sarah on your upcoming test. :asian:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nick, you're gonna rock, I totally know it.

If I may, a few pointers:

Remember to focus on your breathing - you're going to need your wind, so control your breathing.

Don't think too much - relax and let your training take over.

Part of this will most likely be about protocol - be exemplery in your protocol.

Part of this might also be about running you down to nothing to see what else you've got in you. If this happens, remember it's part of the test and dig into your heart ... and go one more.

If you weren't ready to test, it's not likely you'd be asked to test, so have faith in your instructor, your training, and your heart and you'll do fine.

Can't wait to see you in black!

ROCK ON!!

Georgia