Best inexpensive guns?

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah but the para warthog I got at
Buds for under 500 so... You're right more like middle price range. But still a good gun for the money, or bang for the buck. Anything under 300, I consider to be in the save your money for something better range. The P14-45's are more in the 700 range. My millennium PT145 was just about 400. The P10-45 is much nicer for 100 more.
Really depends on what we are talking about. I have a nice Taurus Homeland 1911 that came with Crimpson grips. I paid more for this gun but it was still "cheap" compared to the Kimber or S&W 1911's I have. I really like the PT1911 nice gun for the money.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but the para warthog I got at
Buds for under 500 so... You're right more like middle price range. But still a good gun for the money, or bang for the buck. Anything under 300, I consider to be in the save your money for something better range. The P14-45's are more in the 700 range. My millennium PT145 was just about 400. The P10-45 is much nicer for 100 more.

"Inexpensive" is admittedly a nebulous term. But... I paid $250 for my Taurus PT111 Millennium G2. No reason to "save [my] money for something better". It's clearly an inexpensive gun. And an excellent performer. Hence, my first choice for "best inexpensive gun". :)

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
"Inexpensive" is admittedly a nebulous term. But... I paid $250 for my Taurus PT111 Millennium G2. No reason to "save [my] money for something better". It's clearly an inexpensive gun. And an excellent performer. Hence, my first choice for "best inexpensive gun". :)
I agree I got my PT 145 in SS for 380.00. Great guns. IK on the Forums they get a bad rap. I think Taurus had some QC issues and do warranty them. But if you have a good one they are nice guns. I'm a compact double stack 45 kinda guy. Thats why I like the PT145 and the P10-45 so much!

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
My PT22 I paid 180 for. I guess I shot my self in the foot with the 300 thing :borg:Really depends on caliber pistol, rifle etc. my Xl7 in 30-06 was 280 out the door Black Friday special.

Hudson69

Brown Belt
Reaction score
For affordable but solid guns I really like Kel-Tec. Some people really dislike the brand though. Depending upon a person's budget used guns are very affordable. I have seen police issued buy-back Glocks, Sigs and Smiths go for under $300 (in 9mm, .40 and .45 ACP).

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Count me as one of those who don't really care for Kel-Tec. I've tried a few, and they just feel like they're going to fall apart in my hands. Unreliable, inaccurate...
They're certainly cheap, but in this case cheap is not a synonym for inexpensive. In this case it's a synonym for junky.
Kel-Tec... the Yugo of the gun world...

AlphaBJJ

White Belt
Reaction score
Taurus is okay and I have a few of them but...... when it comes to a firearm I am more inclined to save and spend a little more and get one of the better hand guns out there like a Glock, etc. Long term you will be a lot happier!

This. Spend the money, but quality. Think of the consequences of a non-combat designed handgun failing when you need it. A used or refer Glock is cheap. Save an extra month or two, go that route.

Latest Discussions